PDA

View Full Version : Is it true the lovebirds will like people of the opposite gender?

Froslad
03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
The breeder i got my lovebird from told me that.... Is that true?
But recently my lovebird just lost interest in me ;-;
He avoids me xD
If im playing with him in my room he'll go to the edge of the bed and then jump off to practice flying
IF my mom calls him he'll fly straight towards her.
He flies through the hallway all the way to my mom!
ITs like 9 metres! xD
But hes biting me more and no more mating dances for me to see ):
My mom never plays with him and im the only one
Why doesnt he like me anymore? D:

thebubbleking
03-30-2011, 08:54 PM
birds bond to different people for different reasons. some like long or short hair some like womens clothing because of buttons or because they wear earings..you never know with parrots who they will like and dont like or why, they do know who loves them and gives them treats bribery works well lol Besides if you were a little bird would you rather perch on a hard stinky boy or in the soft nice smelling cleavage of a girl? lol

Froslad
03-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Lol xD
IM NAWT STINKY ;-;
I think its because of my moms hair ):
Cause he likes to chew on it :P

bbslovie
03-30-2011, 09:52 PM
@Bubbleking, lol, too funny!

@Froslad, it's true what he said, you just never know with these fids what they like! I'm sure that your birdy will come around to you again! Just be patient and give your little one some of it's favorite treats!

Barb :)

Glam
03-31-2011, 01:22 PM
My Holly absolutely adores me, and we are both ladies (well, I am, she is just a little noise machine, haha!)

Don't think it has anything to do with gender, they just tend bond with the person they "like" the most. Doesn't mean they don't like the other people of the house, they just stick more to one person than the others.

Our little Holly loves my husband too, but if both of us are in the room she will hang around with me.

Froslad
03-31-2011, 08:31 PM
My birdie hates me now :c