PDA

View Full Version : based on behaviours...

DallyTsuka
04-05-2011, 01:30 PM
can anyone place guesses on genders? mango is mine and im having him dna'd next month... but my fiance decided against getting munch dna'd. shes his bird lol

first mango. more boy or girl behaviours?
hes shy, gentle, laid back, relaxed... he likes to lay on his belly.

munch. boy or girl? shes got personality, and despite her negative qualities we love her anyways. we love the bold things she does lol. shes very cage aggressive. even go near it and she lunges through the cage bars, she follows me from one side of the cage to the next side. she bullies all the other birds. she hangs her sibling off the perch by his head feathers if i let them visit eachother in the cages, she beats up her toys and throws temper tantrums! :rotfl

any guesses? we'll find out for sure mango's gender in a month but munch we may never know but i strongly suspect a female with that attitude

linda040899
04-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Trying to guess the gender of a Peachfaced Lovebird is an exercise in futility. I have females that do the self satisfaction thing and males that do fairly well in the shredding/tucking of paper in the rump feathering. In the absence of the opposite gender, 2 same sex lovies can mimic a true pair to perfection, with the exception of producing fertile eggs and offspring.

Me take a guess? Not a chance...... I've been fooled too many times! :lol

Glam
04-05-2011, 02:38 PM
When we got Holly she hadn't been sexed, but I just knew she was a girl. Nothing to do with her behaviour though, she is my first and only Lovie so had no idea what she was "supposed" to do and not do.... she just gave off the "aura" of being female, cannot explain it. And she proved it when she layed her first egg :happy: