PDA

View Full Version : is it too early?

DallyTsuka
04-08-2011, 01:29 PM
my two are 5 months old... munch has started tucking stuff into her backside. i heard that mostly females do it but the odd male does it.... what do you have to say about this?

and i do want to share a cute story about it. munch was in the basket on the playgym, pulling out the foraging stuff in it, which includes some palm leaf weave. she starts tucking them into her feathers. mango comes along and wants to play with the palm leaves. but munch wouldnt share. she turned away from him to keep hers all to herself. so mango simply steals the one she had tucked into her back!

got photos too
http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/TsukaDally/?action=view&current=311_0193.jpg
http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/TsukaDally/?action=view&current=311_0193.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s1196.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa409%2FTsukaDall y%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D311_0194.jpg

linda040899
04-08-2011, 03:27 PM
5 months is young but they are never too young to practice!

Couple of cautions that I noticed in your photos. Keep them away from "popcorn" ceilings. You don't want them chewing on the material, as some of isn't safe. I have the same kind of ceilings in my house (FL, of course) and I'm slowly getting rid of it. Additionally, cardboard cores from paper towels and bathroom tissue can have zinc in the glue used to make them.

DallyTsuka
04-08-2011, 03:37 PM
theyre watched when out of the cage. only one who goes at the ceiling is Dally, our female cockatiel, so shes STRICTLY watched when up on the net. she hasnt done it in a while as shes been given time outs when she does it. so shes getting good with it. i hate the ceiling too, but we cant change it as we're in an appartment. but we can prevent chewing. im thinking of putting up a fleece blanket there and keep them from getting at it. tsuka our male tiel cant fly as he has a wing disability and dally learns quick through time outs (gets put back in cage) because she loves being out so shes learned quick. the lovies havent even noticed. theyre always supervised while out because munch cant be trusted well with the others and i need to be there if she decides to be a bully and bite everyones toes and if she wont STOP harrassing everyone. so im always there lol

ok no more toilet paper rolls.... didnt know that one!

the other thick roles are cardboard tubes for rodents. we turn them into tunnels and sleeping tubes for mango. munch doesnt get one as shes aggressive over it.

kadee
04-08-2011, 04:08 PM
They are sooooooooooo cute!!:happy::happy:

linda040899
04-08-2011, 07:29 PM
BTW, I love your cardboard foraging toy! Very clever!

DallyTsuka
04-08-2011, 07:56 PM
im going to make a thread with my hand made stuff...

to make it easier, is it ok if i post my own website with my hand made stuff?

munch LOVES that toy. its her absolute favourite thing in the world

love4birds
04-08-2011, 08:07 PM
They are adorable!

Nin steals nesting material from Leyla, too, he is such a brat!

DallyTsuka
04-08-2011, 08:19 PM
does your male tuck?

love4birds
04-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes, Nin loves to make hula skirts:D But he only started doing it about a year ago, he is six.