PDA

View Full Version : 2 month old lovie, only place it wants to sit is on my shoulder??

Jimmycelli
04-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Is that normal, when hes not on my shoulder he's on top of his cage which is about eye level to me when sitting down (which i always am in my computer chair right next to the cage), maybe a little taller and just stares and tweets at me until i put him on my shoulder...

He steps up and lets me hold him and all that fun stuff, he nibbles on paper, but how can i get him to feel more comfortable in his new home. He also naps a lot is that normal?

linda040899
04-20-2011, 03:50 PM
At age 2 months, you essentially have a baby and he's away from his "family" and young lovie companions for the first time in his life so he's looking to you for socialization and comfort. It's a baby thing and he will grow out of it soon enough. Enjoy this stage while it lasts. It's important to him so please be sensitive to his needs. :) The napping is also a baby thing.

How well is he eating on his own?

Jimmycelli
04-20-2011, 05:46 PM
That is good to know and a relief. My lovie feeds itself though and loves to eat millet:)

Dave_K.
04-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Since this baby is so young and looking to you for so much Now is a good time to introduce him/her to other foods while you eat. Make some sprouts or small cut veggies and have them with your meals. As lovies are social eaters he will learn that there are many more options to seeds. Look in the resourse section for a lot more info on lovie diet needs. You will be rewarded with a healthy and happyer companion!

Dave