PDA

View Full Version : An update to Oreo's babies

Jally
04-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Bein a widowed mom, she did an awesome job!! I am very proud of her! The oldest is just over 6 weeks old and he has a new home already lined up for when he is fully weaned. The baby is 5 weeks and he also has a new home when it is time to go. The middle one will be staying with me.

They are flying really well and they are all over the place!! My home has become an airport LOL They are also eating veggies and seeds plus getting some feeding from momma. Especially at night. I think my whole flock is sleep deprived listening to those babies cry for food at night LOL

The oldest will soon be kicked out of the nest, momma is getting a little fiesty with him.

The 2 homes I have lined up are 2 of my daughters' friends. I'm going to type up a care sheet and make both of them promise that if they need anything, they will contact me! Both are youngish, 18-20 but both are crazy about birds and I know both very very well. I know that they will have good homes :) And I will get lots of updates and pictures.

Speaking of which. Here is a picture of the oldest baby on his first day of flying. His new momma said to me "Gosh, he grew up so fast" LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8519560@N04/5639810627/in/photostream

cp.lovebird
04-21-2011, 06:58 AM
It is great to hear that the babies are doing so well and have great homes lined up! The oldest baby is so adorable. :)