PDA

View Full Version : update.....

Pips mom
04-22-2011, 05:13 PM
So my sister's quakers are here....blue is mr. Ed and green is Monk. These guys are pretty funny...I got up this morning and was getting ready to go out and I sneezed.....I then here...AAaaachoooo! coming from one of them! These little guys will make you laugh on your worst day! Her quakers don't eat anything but their seed though...may have some pellets and other things mixed in, but they won't eat veggies or nuts or even millet!!! Monk does like to eat some other table foods like spaghetti!
Today I went back over to Mass. to get a few things and change my address. I went next door to the neighbors and saw Rudy.....that Rudy....he seems crazy about George now...their senegal! He goes on his cage with him nearby and just won't give up trying to befriend him! George doesn't like Rudy but has given up trying to chase him away....he just sits there and deals with it and pretty much ignores him now! It was SO funny to watch! Rudy is bound and determined to win George over! Pip has always seemed interested in other species of birds too. He loves Ivy and always interested and nosy to go check out somebirdy new....like the quakers here. He kept trying to fly over to them! he's lost most of the interest now....mostly just the first day he seems so fascinated! Ohh, these social lil lovies!!!

linda040899
04-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Quakers ARE comical! I live with 2 and I can't imagine not having them here. My 2 will eat anything that won't run away or bite them back! All time favorite, however, is homemade cornbread. Toolie will follow me anywhere if he knows just filled his dish and I'm going somewhere with it. Put cornbread in his cage and he can't get back there fast enough!

I'm glad that Rudy is doing well. It's hard sometimes to do the best thing for them but it helps when you see them happy as a result.