PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bit worried. :( Is he ok?

Mellie
05-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but if it isn't, please let me know. :)

Lately, for about 3-4 days, my lovebird's left wing seems to twitch or shiver I should say, on and off. I don't know if this is normal or not and I'm pretty worried. Has anyone ever had a similar case?

marc
05-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi,
could you make a video or some pics?
I'm not sure that I have really understood the problem.

Mellie
05-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah, next time I see his wing vibrating, I'll try to take a video. I read that birds usually shake like that when they're happy but I'm not sure and if so, only one of his wings are shaking lol I'm thinking maybe it might have to do with the wings being clipped? Idk but I'll try to take a vid to show you what I mean!

linda040899
05-21-2011, 03:26 PM
I was about to ask if it's just one wing or is it the whole body but you just don't see the rest of the vibrations? Lovebirds will quite literally vibrate when they are very happy with someone or a situation.

Mellie
05-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah, when I read this I figured it might be the case because we have been having alot of progress with him getting to like me and the vibration usually happens everytime i get home from work and go see him right away but because I only saw one wing vibrate only everytime, it through me off a bit. Next time though, I'll pay more attention to see if it is his whole body that is vibrating. Thank you for your thoughts on this! I'll try to take a video next time for something more visual.

Emmzie
05-22-2011, 04:25 AM
I've had the same thing recently with one of my birds, his wings will not shake violently but it will look like its vibrating. :confused:

linda040899
05-22-2011, 04:36 AM
I've had the same thing recently with one of my birds, his wings will not shake violently but it will look like its vibrating. :confused:
Sounds like vibrating and it means that the lovebird is really enjoying whatever happens to be going on at the time.

marc
05-22-2011, 07:47 AM
They do that when they are little ones or when they ask the food.
In this video some my birds vibrate the their wings.
Does your bird do the same thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBtI6aGjkpE

Emmzie
05-22-2011, 09:44 AM
They do that when they are little ones or when they ask the food.
In this video some my birds vibrate the their wings.
Does your bird do the same thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBtI6aGjkpE

Mine do it only slightly not as much as on your video, looks like its a good sign though:blush:

linda040899
05-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Your lovebird is not a baby, am I correct?

Mellie
05-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, my bird's wing only vibrates slightly as well. I find it odd how it's only one of his wings though lol My lovie is 2 years old.

Emmzie
05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
My lovie isn't a baby but don't know the age :(