PDA

View Full Version : Cantilope Bath

shylevon
09-25-2005, 01:20 AM
This evening I was eating a half a cantilope, you know how that is done... you cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and eat away till the seed divot gets bigger and bigger leaving you with nothing but the rind. All the while, your cantilope is held in a bowl to catch the juices and keep it from rolling away on you.

Well, the phone rang, so I placed my bowl of half eaten cantilope on the couch and I went to sit on the loveseat to chat with the caller.

I peer over at the couch, where my cantilope has been left, and I see seven little lovies looking intently at the fruit in the bowl. I wondered if they might like to try a bit and waited to see if any of them would be brave enough to venture closer while I was across the room.

Then I notice the bowl is rocking. Yes, it is rocking, and quite vigorously I might add. I look closer, as intently as the seven lovebirds circled around the bowl, and what do I see? Two little feetsies up in the air and a little blue lovebird rolling about in the seed divot of my cantilope, having a whale of a time getting all wet in the fruit juice.

Now, little Nereus has a few extra friends that follow her all over the room. In addition to a sweet smelling birdie, I have a cloud of fruit flies that go wherever she does. You can actually hear them buzzing around her and she seems not to mind at all. :happy:

bellarains
09-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Shy,

That is too cute. I don't suppose you had your camera handy???? That would make one beautiful picture :)

Janie
09-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Shy, :rofl:

First off, your description of how to eat a cantaloupe cracked me up! :D

Second, Nereus and the following of fruit flies.........too funny! :lol

shylevon
09-25-2005, 02:24 PM
No, I ran upstairs to get the camera and the bath was over by the time I got back down stairs.

The fruit flies almost all have names now. Simon, Perry, Alice, Jamey, Samantha, Tabitha, and Niomi. They are ever repopulating, so I am thinking Nereus will have a 'following' for quite some time.

Janie
09-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Shy, what kind of name is NIOMI for a fruit fly????? :rofl:

linda040899
09-25-2005, 02:36 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Absolutely priceless! I needed a good laugh today..............