PDA

View Full Version : Body Language help? :c

Froslad
05-31-2011, 10:28 PM
I finally have a video of what he does to my fingers ;-;
Also when he bites my nails he usually makes that growling noise or clicks sometimes
Cause anyone tell me what hes doing? :(
He bites my nails and tries to rip parts off and eat them but after hes done he starts biting his own nails lol xD
I didnt get the part of him biting his nail :D
Like he stands on one foot and bites his nail and it makes clicky noises :D
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i128/bhavesh12321/?action=view&current=Tigou.mp4
:)

shadnamber
06-01-2011, 12:24 AM
He keeps looking at you after he bites you in the video. I think he is watching for your reactions and testing you. He doesn't seem to be nervous or scared. If your bird is young he may be going through his "testing stage" (don't know if this is the right word or not) Basically, he seems to be bluffing you and seeing what he can get away with.

try giving him something to chew on while he sits on your hand and see if that helps.

linda040899
06-01-2011, 07:49 AM
You are the "mate" and he's grooming your nails. He's definitely not afraid of your fingers. Far from it! When birds groom each other, they remove keritan from feathering. He's just not aware that your nails don't need any part of them removed....... :omg:

He really is cute!

michael
06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
........I didnt get the part of him biting his nail :D
Like he stands on one foot and bites his nail and it makes clicky noises...........

When lovebirds groom or clean the underside of their nails, it often sounds like their clipping part of them off. .. If you look closely though, you can see the nails actually shed layers of thin keratin, yet their sharp points remain intact. .. As a deterent to having our own nails chewed, and because human nails don't quite shed layers like birds do, some owners will redirect the chewing by holding a strip of birdsafe leather. .. May work, may not. .. My lovebird likes to squeeze my nails, which is fine with me............:)

pietdiebrood
06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Hikaru sometimes grooms my fingers too! (Ouch!) I just give her a tummy kiss and then hand her over to Miyagi for further grooming practise... :) Your birdy is very sweet indeed!!!

Froslad
06-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Lol! xD
So hes grooming my nails?! :PP
Thats cute :D
Where can i buy bird safe leather?
Should i buy a bird toy with leather on it and then rip the leather off? xD

~And thanks everyone~ ^_^