PDA

View Full Version : My friend is saving a baby dove. Need some help!

lovie_couple
06-24-2011, 01:02 AM
So while my friend was at her mothers, some boys came up and told her sister's friend they found a baby bird and were going to kill it. The friend took it from them, and took it inside. Does anybody have any advice when it comes to baby doves? I'm fairly sure it is a dove. If you can help with any wild bird advice, please post it here.

Its about the size of her hand right now, and is mostly fuzzy with some feathers. We aren't sure of the age. It has been quite quiet since she has brought it home. Its in a cage with a nest made of towels and pillow cases.

linda040899
06-24-2011, 03:17 AM
The very best thing to do is to get this baby in the hands of a qualified rehabber. Try calling your vet's office and they may be able to give you a name.

lovie_couple
06-24-2011, 02:33 PM
good news! It was still alive this morning, and I found the one person in central texas that is licensed to rehabilitate wildlife, and she took it this afternoon.

kimberly1985
06-24-2011, 03:17 PM
good news! It was still alive this morning, and I found the one person in central texas that is licensed to rehabilitate wildlife, and she took it this afternoon.

That's good to hear! :)

linda040899
06-24-2011, 03:46 PM
I've rehabbed baby birds in the past but it's always much better if it's done by a licensed, qualified rehabber. Glad the baby is doing well. :)