PDA

View Full Version : Going back to adopt another lovie from Phoebe's original "flock"

Amanda0814
08-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I adopted Phoebe in May and everything is working out great with her, so my boyfriend said that he would really like to bring another lovie into our home so Phoebe has a friend. I am going to go back to the breeder that I adopted Phoebe from to adopt another one of the members of her original flock. They had several lovies available when I went and chose Phoebe, and the one I would be getting is one of these. They all lived together in a large cage prior to me bringing her home. When I go get the new little guy should I still follow quarantine even though they've already lived together and shared a cage? Is it possible that they will remember each other after a few months?

linda040899
08-04-2011, 01:18 PM
30 days quarantine with the new bird, even if it's from the same flock. You don't know what, if anything has changed since Phoebe left and I'm not one to run that risk. I just adopted a new lovebird but needed to know he was PBFD negative before the adoption happened. I didn't quarantine my new one, as he was the only bird so he's essentially been in quarantine the entire time he was with his former owner.

Amanda0814
08-04-2011, 01:23 PM
30 days quarantine with the new bird, even if it's from the same flock. You don't know what, if anything has changed since Phoebe left and I'm not one to run that risk.

Good point Linda!