PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a lovebird that talks?

trenac
08-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Just wondering. I've read that they can, but it's unlikely. My Sammie loves to imitate sounds we make. He does 3 as of now:smooch, smake & click.

kimberly1985
08-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I've seen youtube videos of lovebirds talking. It's really high pitched and quick and it's hard to understand. Yoshi and Zazu don't imitate sounds or talk. It's pretty cool that Sam can imitate sounds already. I've wondered this myself about who on the forum had birds that talk.

lovie_couple
08-12-2011, 10:02 PM
my bird imitates sounds. My boyfriend makes this dolphin noise that he attempts to imitate, but can't quite get yet. But he will say his name! Only when he is angry though. He starts to throw fits to get out, and I'll yell over Gigi! And he goes Eeee Eeee back! Just to get my attention.

lemonypickett
08-12-2011, 11:16 PM
There was a gorgeous peachie on here that I think recently passed away. Anyone remember the video? She said "pretty bird".....

Eddie makes a sort kiss sound when I am kissing him all over. He answers questions by nodding his head, but doesn't talk. I can ask anything in a tone of voice that sounds like a question and he will nod... soooo adorable.

Who else here has a talker? Lovie or otherwise?

bbslovie
08-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Hi, Bea mimicks, she does kisses, smacks, says Bea Bea, hello, nighty night, sweet dreams, and imitates the sound I make when she bites me, aowwww! Lol! Pallie, my ysgcc, says whatcha doin, happy, what, hi, and makes kiss noises. When Pallie says happy it's usually because I've given her one of her favorite treats! It's definitely harder to hear Pallie but she does have a vocabulary. It's all amazing to me!

Barb :)

Enko_chan
08-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Frey and Odinn mimic words a little, though their voices are high and raspy, considerably more-so than even the parrotlets. My parrotlet Benny has quite a few words, though he is difficult to understand unless he is close by and I'm listening for it, its similar with the lovies, though their words are few.

They say each others names, Frey Odie, baby, babies and "hi baby!", treats!, mama, granny, sweetheart, me?, me! (the last 3 they got from my 2 talkative parrots).

Nothing terribly impressive, but it sure is adorable! Kokoro, my quaker parrot, is my big talker, he can hold a full complex conversation with you and not miss a beat, and he speaks loudly and clearly.

trenac
08-13-2011, 07:33 PM
We have a bunch of talanted birds on here :) Sam my speak oneday.He/she is very curious & really listens when you talk to him/her.