PDA

View Full Version : Awwwww!

LoveBird
09-30-2005, 06:33 PM
I went in the Kitchen and I left Martha on my couch. She flew of to the ground, and ran in the kitchen looking for me! :lol

linda040899
09-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Cute? Yes! Dangerous????? Very! Harley does this every once in a while and it scares me when he does. I've trained myself to always look down when I walk around and there'a bird our of its cage. My mom stepped on one of our pet parakeets and there were no second chances... :(

LauraO
09-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Taylor: Linda is right in that it's dangerous for Martha to be on the floor. You might give your family a reminder that everyone has to be careful when she is out.

I will also say I'm happy to hear that you and Martha are getting along so well. It's a good sign if Martha loves spending time with you so much she runs after you when you're gone :D :D

Z28Taxman
09-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Ditto did that once! His first night here. He was playing on top of his cage and since he couldn't fly at all due to his bad wing clip we (my ex and I) figured he'd be ok there especially since we could see him from the kitchen where we were making dinner.

Wrong! I just happened to look in to see what he was up to and he wasn't on his cage anymore, then I hear the little cheep and I could tell he was very close. I looked down to see him just walking into the doorway. If I had decided to walk in there and see what he was up to......... :eek:

The no birdies on the floor training started that night. Now he won't go down there. My niece even tried putting him on the floor to play and he flew right to me! 8)

Of course now that he can fly again he'll follow me around the house right at shoulder level if I walk off without him.