PDA

View Full Version : oh no....

MangoLovie
09-09-2011, 03:52 PM
well today has gone great!......not.
i just posted in the forum that my birds were biting eachothers feet.
and that was fine right?
well today on either wing of my new bird Tiki right where the flight feathers are on either side a feather has been plucked.
and tiki WAS bleeding, but i got the bleeding to stop.
and now i'm so worried. tonight i'm going to petsmart to buy a separate cage.
but since tikis bleeding has stopped is it okay to leave it?
i don't have an avian vets in the area once to ever. and i don't have the money for vet fees :/

thebubbleking
09-09-2011, 06:47 PM
if the bleeding stoped yes thats fine, just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt re open, are you sure his friend pulled out the feather? a little foot biteing is normal, blood is not unless is is cage related such as your lovebird being territorial the bites shouldnt be intended to draw blood.

MangoLovie
09-09-2011, 08:44 PM
well i saw alot of feather biting, and it didn't look like it was friendly, my one bird is more of a people bird, and my other is still in the process of training.
and that morning i woke up to them squealing and fighting, so i was kind of iffy about keeping them together.
but today i got a new cage and separated them, and my one bird that is more of a people bird is now happier.

michael
09-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Given the type of behavior that was going on, it definitely sounds like their separation was well justified. .. Good call! ... Hopefully, the only visible injuries, were the result of a damaged blood feather. ... Please give us an update. .........:)