PDA

View Full Version : Coco is quiet?

CookieMonster
09-14-2011, 06:28 AM
Coco is a little over 10 weeks old now. she was parent raised, and eats just fine. i've had her for about 5 days now. the vet says she looks perfect. my only concern is, she's almost always quiet. is that normal? or is she just trying to adjust to the change and still doesn't trust me. she's also very bity. not just to me, but on pretty much everything, not sure if this is a phase either

linda040899
09-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Coco is quiet because she's in a strange environment, doesn't feel completely comfortable and silence does not draw attention to herself. While biting is not natural in wild parrots, captive bred ones display unnatural behavior as a way to cope with things that they could just normally fly away from.

Give Coco a bit of time to adjust and you should see a change. :) A quiet lovebird???? Not normally!

Z28Taxman
09-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Ditto isn't loud often. About the only time he's noisy is when I leave the room or start talking or chirping at him.

CookieMonster
09-14-2011, 10:41 AM
all right thanks guys :) was starting to worry. o! and if i'm letting her out often, and trying to be around her, about how long should it take for her to start trusting me?

linda040899
09-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Each bird is an individual so there's really no time frame that would meet expectations. Coco is young so it could be a couple of weeks or a couple of months. The more attention she gets from you, the more she will see that you are not evil and will not hurt her. :)

marc
09-14-2011, 04:20 PM
I agree; It's impossible to estimate the time after which he will trust of you because each bird has his behaviour;
Anyway more and more time you will elapse with him and more and more he will trust of you.