PDA

View Full Version : I miss my little birdy :(

lovie_couple
10-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Gigi has been home with my parents for about 2 weeks. He really is much happier there. He sings and chatters much more than he did at my dorm, and he gets to be uncovered all the time.

However, I still miss him. When I came home this weekend he looked at me like I was a stranger at first, then hurriedly ran up to my face and rubbed his beak against me. My dad said he acted much calmer and nicer with me around, I think he misses me too. My dad also said that when he brings Gigi up to a picture of me he says "come here" and tries to rub his been against it :very_sad:

I think I will be moving into a house next semester. That way he can come back and live with me. In a house he can be as loud as he wants and nobody will care too much :) And He can have his own little corner.

linda040899
10-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Hopefully, things will work out better for next semester! You can believe that Gigi misses you as much as you miss him. It's amazing how quickly a human heart can be stolen by a parrot!

lovie_couple
10-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I know! My dad is pretty smitten with him as well :) Even though he has been very bitey lately.

lemonypickett
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Glad to hear Gigi is well (although bitey)..... How are you adjusting to College Life?

lovie_couple
10-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Fairly well, I'm a junior so I've gotten used to everything at this point :D College life has ups and down, but what can you do? I think I miss my boyfriend and bird more than anything right now. But hopefully next semester the bird will be with me and the boyfriend will be an hour away opposed to three.

I'll feel better when I can officially settle settle. Not have to move in and out of dorms every semester.

lovie_couple
10-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Good news everyone! I'll be moving into a house in December. Gigi will officially be moved in after break in January. I'm hoping he will adjust better being in a larger home rather than a dorm, and he can scream all he likes :rotfl. Also, there is a gorgeous patio outside I can set his cage on in warmer days, supervised of course, but he'll be able to catch some more rays!

I live in Texas, so every day is a warm day :D

linda040899
10-12-2011, 10:59 AM
~thumbs up!~

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy that Gigi will be able to live with you again and I know you're just as happy! I'm always constantly amazed at just how attached we can get to our fids!

lovie_couple
10-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm just happy that I don't have to worry too much about noise control since he is in a house. My roommate will be gone before he wakes up, and he'll probably be about to go to bed by the time she get's home, and no nearby neighbors can complain like in apartments.

I got incredibly lucky to have the opportunity handed to me.
And Gigi won't have to miss me anymore!

michael
10-12-2011, 07:43 PM
You are very lucky to have parents who understand your love for Gigi. .. To me, it sounds like you've inherited their love for all creatures. .. This is nothing short of a blessing. ...........:)

lovie_couple
10-12-2011, 07:53 PM
You are correct, I'm glad my parents are willing to pay half the rent for me. Coming from a place where most parents don't take care of their kids, I've found out that I am very lucky.

Though my dad will miss Gigi alot. I told him he should just get his own bird XD

lemonypickett
10-12-2011, 11:28 PM
So glad to hear this latest development! Keep us posted!