PDA

View Full Version : Ditto is not a happy camper!

Z28Taxman
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Ever since he got sick last year, Ditto has decided he loves the Garden Veggie nutriberries as much as his beloved avi-cakes (maybe even more).

He refuses to eat his previous favorite nutriberry, the El-paso ones. Well 2 weeks ago we were running low on the veggie berries so off to petsmart I go. Uh oh, no veggie berries.

Ok we've got enough for another week so I'll try again. I go in on friday and uh-oh, they've got everything but veggie berries. So I ordered some from that pet place and give him the last ones we have.

On saturday I had to substitute the veggie berries with sunny orchard and el-paso nutriberries and extra avi-cakes.

Well the sunny orchard berries are OK, he likes them. The avi-cakes get devoured but he will not eat the el-paso ones unless I hold one in my hand. If that little bird thinks for a second that I'm going to stay here all day and hold nutriberries in my hand to get him to eat them he's insane....

:rotfl

thebubbleking
10-03-2011, 05:32 PM
And the next post goes " so as i was standing there all day holding nutriberrys for ditto i had time to think and...." :rotfl

lemonypickett
10-03-2011, 05:33 PM
He has you well trained! I had some trouble finding those as well.... Hopefully for Dittos sake they get them in soon! Lol

Z28Taxman
10-03-2011, 07:10 PM
And the next post goes " so as i was standing there all day holding nutriberrys for ditto i had time to think and...." :rotfl

Who me? :whistle:

linda040899
10-03-2011, 07:12 PM
If that little bird thinks for a second that I'm going to stay here all day and hold nutriberries in my hand to get him to eat them he's insane....
Fidpa Dave,
That may sound like a strong statement, but rest assured if that's what Ditto wanted/needed, his obedient lovie slave would happily oblige.......... :whistle:

I'll bet if you were to write to Lafebers that your lovebird absolutely ADORES those Garden Veggie Nutriberries and you are having trouble getting them, you would probably end up with a sample at your front door. Trust me. When Lafebers sends out samples, they are well worth having!!!

maya_exquisite
10-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Oh man! The sample box from Lafeber's is INSANE!! I've never known a "sample" to be so much!! They send a bunch sample packs of regular Nutriberries, Avicakes, and a few Nutri-Meals. I actually kept those sample packs in our emergency kit, since they were perfectly sized...

I often feel the same way with Raptor when it come to wet fruit. He doesn't want to get his talons wet/sticky so he refuses to grab it and just eats it from my hand... and I have to stand there... until he finishes. :rotfl I'll sometimes even threaten to drop it to see if he'll grasp it but - NOPE - he'll let it fall. That's why I never peel the skin completely off of fruit anymore (I used to do it before because he would fling the skin bits all over the place) so he has a place to hold.

Z28Taxman
10-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Well the stuff finally shipped this morning so he won't have to pout much longer. :happy:

Bubblelady
10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Interesting...Gussie, too, preferred El Paso to all others, for quite a while. Now wants nothing to do with them. Wonder if they changed something? Her current favorite is now Pellet Berries.

linda040899
10-04-2011, 01:38 PM
I often feel the same way with Raptor when it come to wet fruit. He doesn't want to get his talons wet/sticky so he refuses to grab it and just eats it from my hand... and I have to stand there... until he finishes. :rotfl
Mine are the same way! Alex and Harley will eat just about anything that doesn't try to bite or run away but they won't hold it if it will get their feet wet or even damp, for that matter! Boy, have they ever got us slaves trained well!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Z28Taxman
10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Well he should be happy again tomorrow. The veggie berries should be here.

Z28Taxman
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
I do believe there will be a happy dance tonight (from Ditto, not me:rofl:). The veggie berries are waiting at the door.:happy::happy:

michael
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Any chance of ordering a prosthetic hand? ...............:whistle:

Z28Taxman
10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Any chance of ordering a prosthetic hand? ...............:whistle:

I think I'll just open one of the packages and stand back, he'll be in there in no time flat.:rofl:

maya_exquisite
10-05-2011, 12:08 PM
You know... we've got a bag of garden ones right now - just fly him here!! :whistle:

Z28Taxman
10-05-2011, 01:14 PM
You know... we've got a bag of garden ones right now - just fly him here!! :whistle:

Hmmmmm..... Hawaii and veggie berries :happy::happy:

Too bad you didn't issue that invite friday when he ran out. :whistle:

Z28Taxman
10-05-2011, 04:52 PM
And we have a happy Dittobird again! I pulled a bag of veggie berries out of the box and as soon as he saw it he got LOUD!

Took him out, opened the bag and held one up and he had to start eating! :happy: I swear I saw a smile.

Put the bowl in the cage and he zoomed right in there and ate for 5 minutes and is now bouncing all over the cage like a little maniac! :happy::happy::happy::happy:

Maybe I should just buy the 3 pound tubs and be done with it since he goes through a 10 ounce package in about a week or 2.:omg:

michael
10-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Maybe I should just buy the 3 pound tubs and be done with it since he goes through a 10 ounce package in about a week or 2.:omg:

My gosh! ...:omg:... He really is a bottomless pit! .. Then again, I guess that depends on where you look. ...........:blush:

Z28Taxman
10-05-2011, 07:54 PM
My gosh! ...:omg:... He really is a bottomless pit! .. Then again, I guess that depends on where you look. ...........:blush:

He also eats 3 or 4 avi-cakes per day and snacks on pellets. Not to mention his evening peas and carrots.

You should have seen how much he was eating while he was getting over being sick. He'd go throug a bag of nutriberries in less than a week.:omg: Probably how he managed to put on almost 5 grams in a few weeks and another 5 in 4 months. :omg::omg:

He was down to 43 grams when he was at his sickest and 48.5 3 weeks later. In July he was 53.

But he's definately happy now. :happy::happy::happy:

maya_exquisite
10-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Hmmmmm..... Hawaii and veggie berries :happy::happy:

Too bad you didn't issue that invite friday when he ran out. :whistle:

Ah, poo!! :(

The 3lb tubs/bags are the way to go!! It just sucks that they are overpriced here!! Sometimes we buy them on eBay because of the ridiculous prices...

Z28Taxman
10-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Well, he's now back to his normal (pre sickness) balance. He eats about the same amount of everything now. :happy: