PDA

View Full Version : They like the nest box to much?

Ryan08
10-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey all after getting a new cage for my love birds and a nest box for them im finding now that when we go near the cage they run away into their nest box.. b4 they had the box they didnt seem to do this..

They were coming out of their old cage alot more then this one.. we even entice them out with millet spray and its not as effective as it once was...

they will eventually come and eat it near us i just wanted to know what the next steps would be ? and is the box working against us?

Ryan08
10-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Any1?

kimsbirds
10-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I believe you answered your own post with your last sentence...:whistle:

The nest box is working against you and has to go.
IF you've got at least ONE hen, it'll put her into nest mode and she'll do a Jekyll/Hyde transformation, spending all of her time in there.

Its' cozy, warm, hidey...and they LOVE hidey-holes!!!

Ryan08
10-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the reply!
i have one boy and one girl. i thought about taking the nest box but i didnt want them to get upset or crazy not having it lol! they run away from us when we walk near the cage now into that box!

I can get them to come near me while i have millet spray but they still dont like my hands lol
little scardy birds

personatus
10-06-2011, 05:47 PM
You're setting the birds up to breed, not to tame them. If you want to tame them, remove the nestbox......

Ryan08
10-06-2011, 06:18 PM
OK i was told to give them a place to hide so i wasnt aware i was "Setting them up to breed" but thank you for your kind input

personatus
10-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah, anywhere they can hide is somewhere they can nest ;)

Ryan08
10-11-2011, 06:50 PM
good bye little nest :)
haha thanks again everyone for the input wouldnt have been able to get this far with the birds with out the people on here