PDA

View Full Version : Good couple?

kldlplovies
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
I have a pair of Fischer's lovebirds. They are absolutely amazing to watch. I am totally in love with them. I'm having a really hard time understanding their nature though. On training/taming them, I'm not sure how to go about it......or even if I should. They'll be a year old in December. I've named them Sahlemn and Lunah. They fly around their cage a lot. Sahlemn has gotten out of the cage a few times, but other than that....they have stayed in the cage. Does anyone have any suggestions of where or IF I should even try to tame them?? Some people have told me it would be an impossible task. I hope that's not true.

personatus
10-17-2011, 05:44 AM
It depends whether you want tame birds or not? I've had silly tame breeding pairs who were tame, even when raising young. It was alot of work and requires time and dedication. I don't have any tame birds now as I don't have the time for it. They can be just as happy not tame, as long as they get the flight time and stimulation they need.

linda040899
10-17-2011, 07:50 AM
http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/showthread.php?20585-Major-help!!!!!!!

I agree with Personatus and there are some good ideas in the thread link referenced above. It's not impossible to tame them both and it's not even necessary to separate them. It all depends on what you want and how much time you are willing to commit to them. :)