PDA

View Full Version : A new twist on an old routine....

Z28Taxman
11-01-2011, 08:34 PM
As some of you might remember, Ditto had this routine when we were on the couch watching tv. When he got hungry he'd fly back to his cage, ring a bell that hangs from a chain before getting a snack to fly back to the couch and eat.

Well, when he was sick almost a year ago I started to bring his food dish to the couch to encourage him to eat more (he'd lost almost 10 grams).

Even after he got better I just kept bringing the food to the couch. Well tonight after skritches and snuggling in my hand grinding his beak, he flew back to the cage, rang the bell, and flew back to the couch to get to his food dish, :rotfl

michael
11-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Perhaps he got tired of being a couch potatoe? ..........:)

Z28Taxman
11-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Tonight (if I remember) I'll leave the food dish in the cage and see what he does.

Probably pitch a fit because it's not on the couch. :whistle:

Z28Taxman
11-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Well I didn't take the food dish to the couch last night and he fooled me. He didn't even go looking for it. He decided climbing all over the couch and flying to his gym would be more fun. :rotfl

michael
11-03-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't know Dave.....:roll: ..... Sounds like he's trying to throw you off......er...maybe he did that already! .......:rofl:

Z28Taxman
11-03-2011, 01:07 PM
He's been trying to drive me nuts since he got here!

Little does he know, I was already there. :rofl: