PDA

View Full Version : Tarquin's 'Coming of Age'

Loupigs
11-13-2011, 05:37 AM
Hello lovelies :-)

Just a quickie - Tark is about 16 months old now and he has really started to show some fascinating instinctive behaviours. I use the term 'he' very loosely, he has not been DNA'd. In the last fee weeks, quite frankly, he's been a horny little lovebird! We've laughed ourselves hoarse at him flirting and clicky dancing with his own reflection in the mirror, been slightly narked at his CONSTANT quest for shredding material. No matter how many toys he has he insists that wallpaper, our wicker basket and our house-rabbits hay rack really are the best things to shred and tuck. He has also started to 'present' to my boyfriend - you know, wings out butt in the air? I didn't think much of all this until I realised that he is spending a lot of time in his cozy tent. He hasn't been in it since a baby and he only went back into it to rest his poorly leg after a tumble and trip to the vets a few weeks back (all fixed now, thank god!). Now I can see in his cozy tent for the first time he has actually been hoarding that shredded wallpaper etc and has made himself a smart little nest! No sign of eggs yet, but should they appear I'm just looking for some reassurance really. I understand I should increase calcium in his diet and let him live out his little cycle until he realises the egg is infertile, but how do I go forward? Remove the eggs? Stop him shredding? Remove the cozy tent?

Honestly, these lovies!

Lou.xxx