PDA

View Full Version : Just an update

diljaa
11-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Hi everyone, long time no see ;)

Have been busy as can be this summer and fall. My bf and I finally bought our own place and most of summer went into sprucing the new place up. We had to move in before all the paint work was done so I had my lovies all over town :p My cousin took Pixel and Dreki and my in laws took the Draculas (untame masked pair). Spending 3 weeks away from my babies was hard! But it motivated me to get things done that much faster.

The new place only has one bedroom and a big living room so all the birds are in the living room together. I was a bit worried about this since the Draculas had their own room at the old place and they were really timid towards us. I never really saw them do anything as they would scurry to the top of the cage every time we entered their room or walked past the doorway. They've come a long way since then!! I don't know what caused it but they just go on about their business and even come out of the cage which they never did before, even if they were offered quite a few times. Even the Mr. has come out twice!
Look at them out of cage, she's clinging to me and he's pondering if it's actually safe to be out: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6051/6346828355_19aa8182f4.jpg

Our setup is like this for the time being: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6211/6346832581_e669c5c122.jpg
Pixel and Dreki still sleep in their sleepcages in our bedroom and we just cover the Draculas at night.

Oh yeah, and I got the Draculas eating pellets, I think I've actually found the best way to convert birds as the same worked with Pixel. I wonder how much I should charge people for the info.

Pips mom
11-17-2011, 09:55 AM
The new place only has one bedroom and a big living room so all the birds are in the living room together. I was a bit worried about this since the Draculas had their own room at the old place and they were really timid towards us. I never really saw them do anything as they would scurry to the top of the cage every time we entered their room or walked past the doorway. They've come a long way since then!! I don't know what caused it but they just go on about their business and even come out of the cage which they never did before, even if they were offered quite a few times. Even the Mr. has come out twice!
Look at them out of cage, she's clinging to me and he's pondering if it's actually safe to be out

Gotta check out the new place I guess! or maybe they missed you? cute photo! Congrats on the new place!!