PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my dad

lovie_couple
11-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Though this may not be the time or place, but I'm really worried about my dad. He loves animals so much, and his male cat went missing. He is extremely upset about it. It's only been about a day and a half, but he thinks someone stole him. I'm not so sure though, male cats tend to wander you know? Anyway, he won't talk to mom and I, and says he won't get him hopes up with him coming back.

Then to top it all off, he says he has got too attached to Gigi, and told me he will be sad when I take him back with him. He told me he didn't want to deal with anymore animals once Gigi leaves. He said it hurts too much when they leave.

Just to be clear, my dad has depression, and has had depression for years. I'm hoping maybe if his cat gets found it'll snap him out of this mood. He really loves animals, and I'd be sad to see him not have anymore just because of bad luck. I want to maybe convince him to get his own bird. Maybe a cockatiel to keep him company. My mom works nights, so he is often alone until she gets home. I think that's why he liked his cat and Gigi so much, they kept him company.

Anyway, pray that my dad finds his cat.

Mummieeva
11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I know how you father feels. I am a animal lover and when my birds passed it hurt badly. I have yet to bring any more birds into my home because of fear. I hope his cats comes home soon. Our cats wander often but always come home in time. Have him call local shelters and make some posters. Get him to walk the road and call his cat.

lovie_couple
11-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Thank you, are town is so small, I don't think we have an animal shelter. We are hoping he will come home soon. He has driven the roads and hasn't seen him run over or anything, so he either wandered off or was snatched most likely. He technically came to us as a stray himself. But he was severely injured and skinny, so we assumed he had been away from home for awhile.

I'll make fliers on tuesday if he hasn't come come yet.

lovie_couple
11-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Still no kitty :( And he shows up at 7:00 every night. I'm hoping he's just off wandering because he is a male cat.

Mummieeva
11-20-2011, 11:35 PM
One of our Males Buddah disapeared for 3 days and we were sure he was gone for good. He came home 3 days later like he was never gone. My youngest daughter who is 4 is his owner. She was so sad it broke my heart. She fussed at him and he never did it again. I suggest a good scolding when he comes home is in order.

linda040899
11-21-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's cat! Male cats have a tendency to wander on occasion and will usually return unless an event of some kind prevents that from happening. In my area, many, many animals are being snatched to be sold for a variety of purposes so I tend to keep a very careful eye on my companions when they are outside in my fenced in yard.

Should the worst case scenario be the end result, have you thought about looking into a service dog or cat as a companion for your dad?

thebubbleking
11-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Teils are a good idea i would show him youtube videos of tiels talking and getting scratches he be wanting one in no time! a male tiel would be best in my opinion :)

lovie_couple
11-21-2011, 06:18 PM
His big thing is, he's saying he doesn't want anything to do with animals anymore. I don't really think that is true though. I think we would need to wait it out and see if his attitude changes.

We have a cat, but she isn't as affectionate or playful as the other cat. She is really old and mostly lays, and she only likes me lol. We've never owned a dog before, so I'm not sure if my dad would want one or not.

Also if we got another cat, the only way to keep it totally safe would keep it indoors. My mother is really against having another cat indoors. Mr. Good (the lost cat) shed so much, and I'm highly allergic. He was an in and out cat. He stayed indoors most of the time, and slept outside at night.

I do hope he comes back :( So far nobody has seen him. I'm hoping maybe he's out being a bull cat, and will come back.

If all else fails, I think a cockatiel would be a good companion for my dad. It would be easier to keep up with as he gets older, and I heard they can be good cuddle buddies.

I just can't imagine my dad not wanting animals.

thebubbleking
11-21-2011, 08:29 PM
first off prayers for your dad and you.
I would have dad join you to shop for food and goodies for your bird and "just happen" to see a tiel i bet once you are there and the tiels step up on his finger and coos to him game over lol :rotfl

linda040899
11-21-2011, 10:47 PM
i bet once you are there and the tiels step up on his finger and coos to him game over lol
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You got that right, Jeremiah! Tiels make wonderful pets! Be careful, lovie_couple. There could be one in your future, too.......... :)

lovie_couple
11-21-2011, 11:36 PM
I would love a tiel! But I have to be careful, birds are way too addicting! I've made up my mind to get another lovebird for Gigi when I go to graduate school. Just in case I have to spend my time writing novels (I will). I wouldn't want him to get lonely, but that's about three years away :P

I'm a bit of an animal lover, so I could easily turn an apartment into a zoo. lol

lovie_couple
11-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Also I almost ended up with a cockatiel. But Gigi was the only lovebird in the midst of tiels, quakers, and conures. He was so tiny! And being picked on, so I had to have him :) But the tiels were sweet, though they made terrible noises when hungry XD

lovie_couple
11-23-2011, 11:44 AM
So this is what we think might have happened to kitty.

The night that he went missing (he shows up at 7 oclock every night) there was a horned owl out on the shed... we can assume that perhaps the horned owl had something to do with it. Though there is a chance he is still alive, if he was attacked he could be hurt and hiding. Since his hiding place is under the shed, we will get a flash light and check under there thoroughly.

Thanks for all the prayers guys. Idk what's better, not knowing what happened or knowing what happened.