PDA

View Full Version : stainless steel bowls WITH stainless steel holders!!

maya_exquisite
12-20-2011, 01:26 PM
FINALLY!! :happy:

It's extremely difficult to find anyone that manufactures SS bowls with SS holders. Why make a bowl with a good, long-lasting metal and make the holder out of something that will begin to rust after a few months?? (Rhetorical, since we know it's for $$$.) I've seen a few places carry them, but ONLY for the larger birds. There's no way I'm putting 40+ oz cups in my small birds cages... they'd just swim in their food and water all day!! :rotfl

Well, finally, someone has decided to get them made in 10 oz bowls - PERFECT for the little guys!! A company started getting them made for the travel carriers they sell. So far, only the original vendor, Playful Parrot Inc, and The Birdsafe Store (http://www.birdsafestore.com/stainless_steel_coop_cup_p/coop10ss.htm) carry/sell them. I was just SO overjoyed when I found out about them (through a stainless steel fanatic bird friend online) I bought them, and spares, right away.

It is about time!! Anyway, I just wanted to share the info just in case there are others out there who have been frustrated about the rusting holders (and then you have to replace the WHOLE thing).

thebubbleking
12-20-2011, 03:22 PM
they sell small ss bowls and holders at the petshop in windward mall :)

maya_exquisite
12-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Those holders aren't stainless steel.

thebubbleking
12-20-2011, 03:56 PM
honestly it was about a year and a half ago when i went there and the three i bought were ss not sure if they no longer carry it or not

maya_exquisite
12-20-2011, 04:01 PM
That's weird... I go to all the pet stores rather frequently and I've never seen SS holders. I've bought some from a couple of pet stores here that say "stainless steel bowl and holder" on the package, IMPLYING the holder is SS, but it's never been. With the way the boys bathe in their water dish, the holders rust within a year or so. The last ones I had lasted maybe six months before showing small dots of brown rust.

ADD: Take pics! I wanna see what your holders look like... I've scoured the internet and all stores for SS holders before this. The person who found these SS holders had gotten hers CUSTOM MADE prior to these ones... the company refused to make any more after that because it was too difficult.