PDA

View Full Version : Oscar is territorial/possessive and is stopping Willow come near us?

Willow and Oscar
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone, sorry if a similar question has been asked- I did search the forum a bit but couldn't find this specific issue.

Basically Oscar, the tamer lovie seems to have changed his bond from Willow to us humans in recent weeks (they have the same amount of playtime and we have not encouraged this) and every time Willow comes over to us he will chase her away. It's getting more and more frequent. Willow is still shy in comparison to him and still fears hands so we are trying to work on these issues with her. Obviously it makes it hard to bond with her when he is chasing her off.

I say him and her but they are not sexed yet. They live in separate cages as they squabble, but usually play outside the cage nicely, apart from when Willow ventures over to us. Is flying them separately the only option?

Enko_chan
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Perhaps try having play times with both Ocar and Willlow as well as with each bird individually. Also let them play together at times when you are not close by so they can enjoy time together without your perceived interference. That way everyone gets to bond.

Willow and Oscar
01-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi thanks for the reply. I will try playing with them separately but it may be a bit tricky to let them play without me close by as they play in the living room which is fairly small and I wouldn't want to leave them unsupervised as they're monkeys haha!