PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Did It!!!!!

LauraO
10-06-2005, 01:00 AM
I can't believe it. Tonight I walked up to Cookie, put my finger out, moved it towards his chest and told him to step up......AND HE DID! Of course, he only stayed on my finger for about five seconds before he flew to his "safe" spot, but I can't believe he did it and I'm so happy :D . He's such a sweet guy and I know he wants tons of love and attention he's just not sure how all that stuff works. Good thing he'll be around for another 20 or so years. We'll have plenty of time to get to the cuddles and scritches.

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Mummieeva
10-06-2005, 04:40 AM
Yeah!!! So happy for you both. That is a huge step for sure.

Steph

bellarains
10-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Laura,

Good for Cookie, and good for you. I know you were just so excited. Cookie will be a snuggle buggie before long I'm sure :)

BarbieH
10-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Congratulations Cookie and Laura! That's a huge step! :happy:

Janie
10-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Laura, that is great news!!!!! Look what you've done with lots of love and patience! I'm not in the least bit surprised either! :D

Buy A Paper Doll
10-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Yaaaay Cookie! I'm so glad he's starting to feel comfortable with you. :)

linda040899
10-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Hi Laura,
This is truly a milestone in your relationship with Cookie! They have remarkable memories and it can take a while before they learn to trust anyone that they are not familiar with. Trust is something we win baby step at a time..... :)

mjm8321
10-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Hooray Cookie!!! Good job! Oh yeah, and good job Laura too :rofl:

Amazing that the five seconds is worth the months of hard work isn't it?

Angelwing
10-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Ooo, exciting! It's a big day today. We all know what it feels like to have a baby step up of his own will onto your finger, even if it is only for a few seconds.

Paulette
10-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Oh Laura, that is wonderful.....and it's just one time of many to come, I'm sure. What a milestone and what a good Cookie.

LauraO
10-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I think Cookie is approaching the whole stepping up on my hand like a parachute jump. The first time you kind of just jump blindly, but the second time is way more scarey because you know what's coming :rolleyes:. I've been trying everything to get him to step up again, but the farthest I've gotten is he put one foot on my finger and catapulted off it up to his "safe" place. I'm just glad he doesn't bite my finger, which wouldn't surprise me because he's so scared. He kind of just moves away from my hand and flies away. He's such a funny guy. I absolutely adore him :D