PDA

View Full Version : bathtub training!

joan gault
10-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi All:
In one of the postings I read that someone used the bathtub to train their bird to step up. I was not having much luck with my 5 babies (since they all band together to resist me) so I dedcided to use the bathtub. Believe it or not it worked (at least the first day). If they wanted out they had to step on the hand and each one let me pet etc. and NOT 1 BITE. This is a guarded victory but I guess time will tell. So far this is the farthest I have got with them. You always pick up useful information in these posts and thanks to whoever posted this. :whistle:
Joan

mjm8321
10-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Joan, if it worked great for you, then so be it. The only word of caution I'd throw into the mix is that make sure the tub is clean....and I'm certainly not referring to your tub as being dirty Joan :rofl: What I mean is bathtubs can be full of germs and you wouldn't want to expose the little ones to anything that could potentially be dangerous. Of course, you wouldn't want to scrub it with bleach and then put the birds right in either.
Anyway, glad it worked for you. It can be frustrating, especially when they are in multiples to get any training.

Janie
10-06-2005, 06:25 PM
MJ, you might not be referring to Joan's bathtub but you ARE referring to mine! :rofl:

joan gault
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the insight into the ? clean bathtub. This is a tub that is very rarely used (we use the one on the first floor) so it is very clean. I guess I could put newspaper down first but we'll see how it goes. I suspect that when these little guys get use to it they will find a way to get around this too.
Joan