PDA

View Full Version : Ditto is a hockey fan!

Z28Taxman
10-07-2005, 09:25 PM
And a Flyers fan to boot! Everytime they score he cheers and jumps around like a madbirdy. :cool:

Ok maybe it's because I yell out Woohoo! But whatever works. :p

He also likes football ('Skins of course). :cool:

BarbieH
10-08-2005, 09:03 AM
All right! :happy:

I've got a picture of one of my birds next to a little Red Wings sticker. :p Thank heavens none of them seem to be put off by the color red! :lol

Janie
10-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Dave, the only sport I follow faithfully is college football, to the point, TENNESSEE VOLS and I can tell you that Oliver cheers right along with me. I think it used to scare the crap out of him when I whistled (you know, fingers in mouth kind of whistle that can wake the dead) but now he just chirps right along with my whistles! :D

Buy A Paper Doll
10-08-2005, 10:53 AM
M&M will probably end up with an identity crisis when it comes to sports. Their daddy loves hockey but their momma follows NASCAR.

Z28Taxman
10-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Ditto loves football too. But he's a Penn State and Redskins fan! ;)

And he goes nuts when NASCAR races are on in surround sound. He spins around like a crazy bird trying to see the cars that he hears zooming in circles. :lol

Go Flyers!!!!!!!!! :evil:

bellarains
10-08-2005, 02:01 PM
We bleed orange around here too. Big Orange that is. GO VOLS!!!!! They play GA tonight, and should be a good game. I know where Janie and I will be :D

As for hockey, I have only been to one game, and that of course was a Predators game. I'm still trying to figure out what "icing" is, and think I have it, but for the life of me, I can't seem to catch them in the act. They move so **** fast!!!!!!

Z28Taxman
10-08-2005, 02:04 PM
We bleed orange around here too. Big Orange that is. GO VOLS!!!!! They play GA tonight, and should be a good game. I know where Janie and I will be :D

As for hockey, I have only been to one game, and that of course was a Predators game. I'm still trying to figure out what "icing" is, and think I have it, but for the life of me, I can't seem to catch them in the act. They move so **** fast!!!!!!

I know where I'll be tonight. Ditto and I will be glued to the TV watching Penn state and Ohio State! Go Nitanny Lions!!!!!!!! :evil:

Icing is pretty simple. It's when the puck crosses the center line and the goal line without being touched by another player.

BarbieH
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Icing isn't much of a problem now, is it? With the new rule changes and all. :confused: There is a lot more incentive to keep the play on center ice.

Tonight is the return of "Hockey Night in Canada" on CBC TV, which I just may have to watch. Tomorrow the Wings are playing Calgary, where Darren McCarty is now playing. Good times! :D

Z28Taxman
10-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Icing isn't much of a problem now, is it? With the new rule changes and all. :confused: There is a lot more incentive to keep the play on center ice.

Tonight is the return of "Hockey Night in Canada" on CBC TV, which I just may have to watch. Tomorrow the Wings are playing Calgary, where Darren McCarty is now playing. Good times! :D

There didn't seem to be as much icing in the games I watched. Getting rid of the 2 line pass has really opened things up. That and the fact that they're finally calling all the grabbing and hooking crap that used to go on and was let go. I like that.

As long as they don't take hitting out of it. Gotta let boys be boys and pound the crap out of each other!

I'll have to see if I can catch hockey night in Canada. Don Cherry is the best hockey guy ever!

BarbieH
10-08-2005, 03:42 PM
I'll have to see if I can catch hockey night in Canada. Don Cherry is the best hockey guy ever!

And he's such a snazzy dresser. :)

I think there are two games on tonight: Toronto vs. Montreal, followed by Vacouver vs. another Western Division team. Maybe one of the California teams...

Z28Taxman
10-08-2005, 03:45 PM
And he's such a snazzy dresser. :)

I think there are two games on tonight: Toronto vs. Montreal, followed by Vacouver vs. another Western Division team. Maybe one of the California teams...

I have the NHL Center Ice package on Directv so I get to see almost all of them. :cool: I hardly leave the house all winter long.

BarbieH
10-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Fox Sports is carrying the regular season games and we get CBC TV in our cable package, so that gives me just enough. :)

Z28Taxman
10-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Fox Sports is carrying the regular season games and we get CBC TV in our cable package, so that gives me just enough. :)

Hockey is like horsepower (or parrots). You can never have enough! :rofl:

Buy A Paper Doll
10-08-2005, 08:18 PM
One of the few times I've gone to an NHL game, I tried to catch a puck and ended up with a bruised sternum (breastbone). The puck landed in the vacant seat behind mine. While hubby was putting down his $6 beer, I leaned over the back of my seat to pick up the puck. Two large guys dove on top of me, fighting over the puck, and smooshing me against the back of my seat in the process. Needless to say, I didn't get the stupid puck.

mother_hen7
10-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Penny and Perry love to watch Hockey. Especially our favourite Hockey Night in Canada. Speaking coming from the home of the Calgary Flames. We can do it this year no 7th game.

"""""GO FLAMES GO """""

WE LOVE OUR IGY

BarbieH
10-09-2005, 08:51 AM
I couldn't believe Sammy watching the first game last night on HNIC. At a time when he usually starts snuggling up my sleeve, he kept poking his head out to watch. :lol Too sweet!

Z28Taxman
10-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Well Ditto is now learning a chirp that sounds suspiciously like Woohooo! 8)

Buy A Paper Doll
10-09-2005, 01:41 PM
"Well Ditto is now learning a chirp that sounds suspiciously like Woohooo!"

That's it. No watching hockey with Daddy for M&M. All I need is my birds to learn a chirp that sounds suspiciously like "YEAH!!! KICK HIS #$%&^# @!$&!!!!!" whenever a fight breaks out.

Z28Taxman
10-09-2005, 01:45 PM
"Well Ditto is now learning a chirp that sounds suspiciously like Woohooo!"

That's it. No watching hockey with Daddy for M&M. All I need is my birds to learn a chirp that sounds suspiciously like "YEAH!!! KICK HIS #$%&^# @!$&!!!!!" whenever a fight breaks out.

Hmmmm. I make a chirp that sounds suspiciously like that one. :D