PDA

View Full Version : Boing

zvezdast
04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi, I would like to hear if someone had a similar problem with boings and lovebirds.
I have a 11-week old fischer lovebird. Have him for 3 weeks now. My previous lovebird had a smaller cage and I had no need for a boing/bungee. Frankly, I never noticed them before at stores, either.
Now I got a large, tall cage for this lovie, and decided to get a boing to fill the vertical space. I got this one:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/da/73/77c8_1.JPG

It's 1/2" diameter wire, and 53" long when fully stretched.
It is WAY too bouncy! When my bird hops on to it, he is thrown off like from a diving board! Couple of times when the large cage door was open, he fell down to the floor! And it had this really loud bell, which was just making it worse.
I removed the bell, tried shrinking the boing, tried stretching it more, tried attaching the bottom part to the side of the cage,...it still was very flexible.
After two days of seeing how terrified my bird was of this thing, and not wanting to go inside the cage, and being hesitant to move from side of the cage to the other, I had to take it out.
What kind of boings do you have for your lovebirds? My bird is only 39 grams, so I thought this small one would be good fit. It turned to be a disaster!

linda040899
04-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I would probably try a good wooden swing or olympic type rings instead of the boing. I have a swing that I made using a half coconut shell and my lovebirds just absolutely adore it! I can see where this boing could be a bit much for a 39 gram lovie. You did the right thing by removing it entirely.