PDA

View Full Version : Nap shoulder

Rachael and Peek-a-boo
04-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I have had my lovie for over a month now. Right now three people are interacting with him me my sister and my mother. He is really sweet and loves hanging out with all of us. Here is the catch if me or my mother hold him he is a normal playful lovie who likes to climb all over us and nibble our cloths and ears. BUT when EVER he sits on my sisters shoulder in less then five minutes he is curled up asleep!!! He only dose this on HER shoulder and no one else's. We thought it might be becuase she has long hair that she always keeps down but I have long hair aswell. Every time she holds him he falls asleep. We are completely baffled by this behavior althought it dosent bother us and it is quit a nice way to get him to go to bed :lol

Can anyone shed some light on this behavior?

Thanks,
Rachael

minkie
06-16-2012, 07:37 AM
hmm i guess ur lovie sees tt spot as a sleeping spot, feels safe there i guess. mine sleeps on the modem everytime he's out.:happy:

linda040899
06-16-2012, 08:06 AM
You are the designated "play" area, while your sister is the designated "sleep" spot. Most lovebirds, and many other kinds of parrots, have places where they do each function and why they make the selections the way they do is locked deep inside their brains. Not something to be taken personally, just the way they view things. Your lovie may find your person more interesting to explore/play, while your sister doesn't have that same attraction. Very hard to say but the main reason is the way they see each area.