PDA

View Full Version : Will my baby ever chew wood?

KatyaWB
05-06-2012, 12:05 AM
This is kinda stupid and it's definitely not a dire situation, will my Kilo ever chew Popsicle sticks? He loves his toys, but he prefers paper or the kabob. Do almost all Lovebird's chew wood?

linda040899
05-06-2012, 08:13 AM
With all the lovebirds I have, I would say maybe 30% of them will chew wood, and then it's mostly their wood perches. I generally have at least one manzanita perch (or other hard wood perch), but I also use soft wood, expressly so they can chew them up. :) Popsicle sticks seem to be more for carrying/moving around and pushing through the cage bars so that I find them on the floor.

Not a dumb or stupid question at all!

Pips mom
05-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Wow, only 30%? Pip is a HUGE wood chewer! Where I used to live I had to keep the windowsills covered up when the curtains were open otherwise he'd on them like a magnet chewing them before you could even get to him to get him off! Wood is one of Pip's favorite things to chew up! Now I always make sure that he has lots of wood toys, wood ladders, things like that around and his playgym he chews too.

Z28Taxman
05-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Ditto isn't much of a wood chewer. He'll chew on popsickle stics sometimes but usually he'd rather throw them or smack me with them. :rotfl

graushill
05-07-2012, 03:26 AM
You lucky people, with your non-chewing birds *sigh*.

Gloria

linda040899
05-07-2012, 05:07 AM
He'll chew on popsickle stics sometimes but usually he'd rather throw them or smack me with them.
Throw it on the floor and my human slave will pick it up is very popular around here! :lol

Z28Taxman
05-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Throw it on the floor and my human slave will pick it up is very popular around here! :lol

Yeah, Ditto thinks dogs have the whole concept of fetch backwards! :lol

Last night he decided to throw his toys at my face for awhile rather than across the room. that way I could get them without standing up and disturbing his perch, which was my hand at the time.

Then once I got off the couch he decided to revive an old game. Climb up the inside of my shirt, out the sleeve and go around and do it again.:rotfl

linda040899
05-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Climb up the inside of my shirt, out the sleeve and go around and do it again.
That was Miracle's absolute most favorite game. Under my flannel shirt, down the sleeve, out the cuff....repeat as wanted/needed! :)

Z28Taxman
05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
That was Miracle's absolute most favorite game. Under my flannel shirt, down the sleeve, out the cuff....repeat as wanted/needed! :)

Yeah, and he got smart about it and climbs up inside the back so I can't reach him and have to wait for him to come out on his own! :rotfl