PDA

View Full Version : Happy ending story

Pink Phoenix
06-12-2012, 08:06 AM
There are bad storms here at the moment in WA, on Sunday I got evacuated from work to find my extremely heavy aviary had been blown over (no weather warnings for this storm), the winds were 120 kph. I was devastated, I called for hours for my little lovies to hear me through the fierce winds and rain. I walked and drove round my estate looking for them and asking people to look out for them. The power was off so no internet but had a tiny signal on my phone, i text everyone i knew on the estate to help me find my birds.... i got a reply saying 'my friend has found a green one', I immediately got the and went round.... it was him! The lady said he landed on her husbands shoulder! I was so happy! I got him home and he was crying for his friend, and looking for him, I felt so sad. His new friend is a baby lovie I handraised also, a little softie, who would never survive the wild
Marty spent the whole evening nestled in my jumper, he was really loving and sweet.
The next day I went to replace my signs with better ones, looking for my yellow love bird, I spent ages making them and covering them in plastic so they did not get wet from the storm. As i was putting up the second one a lady pulled over and said 'my friend has a yellow bird but its not in good shape'.... I immediately went round and I could not n=believe it, it was my Louie! He looked scared and was quiet, the lady said he flew into her window, then the wall, the dog found him once he had fallen to the floor. She kept him calm in a box, nice and dark.
I got him home, hoping he had no injuries, he heard the other bird a and flew straight out the box!! He was perfect! Marty began feeding him straight away which I thought was so sweet. This was yesterday, they are both great, singing, flying, happy. I have them inside.
I feel so lucky to have gotten my two tiny little birds back in this awful storm, unharmed and happy. They were so happy to see me and each other. I still cant believe I have them back, bit of a miracle.

Just a little story I wanted to share :-)

linda040899
06-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Thank you for sharing your story with us! I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out and both of your lovies are safely back home with you!! You can believe they were as terrified at being out of their safe place and you were about the possibility of not being able to find them. Unexpected things happen and a serious storm while I'm not home during the day is one of my own greatest fears!

Extra treats and scritches for all!

michael
06-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Wow! After reading this i'm still gripping the chair! .. Looks like miracles really do exist. And i'm so happy to hear your birds are now back home safe and sound. .. Thanks for sharing! .......:)

kikibird
06-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Such a wonderful story! Yes, thank you for sharing! Made my day:clap Happy endings to you and yours and a very long and prosperous life :)

thebubbleking
06-12-2012, 07:13 PM
I can probably speak for everyone when i say our two greatest fears are fires and escapes!

Thank goodness all ended well!