PDA

View Full Version : Flight Suits

Arabianhorselover
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Do any of you use a flight suit on your Lovebird?

michael
07-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Flight suits really aren't suitable for small lovebirds. Or should I say, lovebirds aren't suitable for flight suits. .. Not only do most lovies reject them, but they can also escape with or without the suit still attached. Another safety issue is exposure to other animals, most of which possess reflexes that far excede the ones us humans have.

Arabianhorselover
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Oh, I wasn't thinking of taking him outside. I know they are small. That's why I was wondering if anyone actually did it. It would be so nice if he didn't make a mess everywhere when he is out.

thebubbleking
07-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I havent found one small enough or a lovebird patient enough...i got a flight harness for my irn but she hates it so much for that idea XD

linda040899
07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
I think it would be easier to potty train him (it can be done) than to try to get him to wear a flight suit! I've got a few that are pretty mild mannered but I don't think any of them would tolerate a flight suit.

Z28Taxman
07-18-2012, 05:34 PM
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
I think it would be easier to potty train him (it can be done) than to try to get him to wear a flight suit! I've got a few that are pretty mild mannered but I don't think any of them would tolerate a flight suit.

Ditto is the mildest, snuggliest lovie on the planet, but if I tried to put a flight suit on him I believe he'd tear me to pieces! :omg:

Jally
07-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Peanut is also like Ditto, I can do anything with him. But stick Peanut in a flightsuit and he goes ballistic! >: :evil:

Arabianhorselover
07-19-2012, 07:00 AM
You can get them that small. You can actually get them for Parrotlets, but I would never do that.

I think my Sunny might actually learn to tolerate it, especially if his favorite person (my son) put it on him.

linda040899
07-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Good luck with the endeavor! I actually have one of my macaws potty trained and it wasn't that hard.....

Arabianhorselover
07-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Well, Sunny does go over a garbage can if you take him there, but the thing is that Lovebirds go so often! We still end up with lots of "deposits" on us.

linda040899
07-19-2012, 09:05 AM
If the flight suit turns out to be a disaster, I've seen what I call cape protectors made from various kinds of material, including terry cloth, and I've got a couple around my house! :D