PDA

View Full Version : Utra violet bird window decals?

Bernadette N
08-14-2012, 10:52 PM
My Beaker has the habit of occasionally flying into windows. This is unhealthy! (and distressing!). He is clipped, and has a broken wing (healed - I bought him that way! Poor tyke).

I had a friend suggest these: http://www.windowalert.com/windowalert.html

Has anybody used them?

Are there any parrot specific versions out there?

apaulick
08-14-2012, 11:07 PM
sounds interesting. I wonder if it would work on mu glass front cage cuz my suni is always crashing into it when shes out.

linda040899
08-15-2012, 03:36 AM
I use these on my window in my office where I work because I've always had wild birds crash into the glass surface because they didn't realize the tinted glass was really there! I stuck 2 of them to the outside of the pane and it's cut down on the number of birdie collisions considerably. I know the work on the outside of the window but I never thought about applying the to the inside surface. They actually are not even sticky. You moisten the window where you want to put them and they adhere when you put them on the surface of the glass.

bird-brain
08-16-2012, 02:16 PM
From the manufacturer, " The decals measure approximately 4” across, and are designed to be placed on the OUTSIDE of a window. As a rough guide, we recommend one decal for every 3’ x 3’ section of glass.

The reflect ultra violet light so I guess there has to be a way for the UV to reach the decal.

linda040899
08-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Mine are both on the outside of my office window, as you stated. You can barely see them from the inside but outside is a totally different story! They come in square shapes, in addition to decorative shapes. I got mine free of charge from the Michigan Humane Society but would have gladly paid for them, as they are that effective.