PDA

View Full Version : household cleaning supplies

apaulick
08-30-2012, 12:21 AM
I have kids and cats as well as birds so sometimes I need to spray the floors or couches for odors. I was looking at the fabreeze in the store and while it said pet safe it is not bird safe. I dont want to use anything that will harm my birdies. does anyone know where I can get cleaning supplies that are not only cat and kid safe but also bird safe or even recipes for some?

linda040899
08-30-2012, 04:36 AM
I was looking at the fabreeze in the store and while it said pet safe it is not bird safe.
Fabreeze is NOT bird safe and, unfortunately, it's finding it's way into more and more products these days! I have 3 favorites that are bird safe and all 3 will get the job done in the odor department. Being chemical sensitive, I use Oxyfresh Cleansing Gele, Orange TKO and vinegar and water. Orange TKO is made from orange rind and leaves a delightful orange smell, plus things are clean. It's highl concentrated so one bottle goes a long way!

apaulick
08-30-2012, 11:59 AM
thank you linda. I will try those out. I don't want to do anything to harm my family, feathered, furry, or human. will the self cleaning function on an oven put fumes in the air that can be harmful? I've never used it on the oven before but I don't want to if it will harm anyone.

linda040899
08-30-2012, 01:24 PM
will the self cleaning function on an oven put fumes in the air that can be harmful?
Yes. My oven is self-cleaning and I've never used the function.