PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping in bowl?

pukedkittens
10-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Hey guys! I've noticed the past few nights Mordecai has been laying at night in his "treat bowl". It looks as thought he's nesting, but he'll move when I come near and there's no eggs. I'm not sure if it's normal for a lovie to just lay in a bowl for fun or if he might be a she (neither are DNA tested and are from the same clutch) and is reaching sexual maturity? They haven't been acting any different otherwise.

Thanks guys!

oh and by the way, they're hide a way is open on each ends so I would assume they wouldn't lay there.

bbslovie
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi, my female lovie, Bea, loves to hang out in her food dish. It's the closest thing in her cage to a nest and I think that's why she does this. Maybe Mordecai is a female? You might want to dna test the two so you know what you have there.

Cheers,
Barb :)

linda040899
10-02-2012, 11:22 AM
they're hide a way is open on each ends so I would assume they wouldn't lay there.
I wouldn't count on this.... :) It's an enclosure and can be fair game in the eyes of a determined lovie hen!

Chances are yours likes the seed cup because it's comfortable. I have half coconut shell swings in many of my cages and it's so funny to see 2 lovies sharing a shell for sleeping purposes.

pukedkittens
10-02-2012, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't count on this.... It's an enclosure and can be fair game in the eyes of a determined lovie hen!

Chances are yours likes the seed cup because it's comfortable. I have half coconut shell swings in many of my cages and it's so funny to see 2 lovies sharing a shell for sleeping purposes.

Ah. Yeah, 'he' looks ridiculously cute when sleeping in his treat bowl. It's funny because there is still residue of unsalted crackers, sunflower seeds, and fruit. Silly Mordecai.

Hi, my female lovie, Bea, loves to hang out in her food dish. It's the closest thing in her cage to a nest and I think that's why she does this. Maybe Mordecai is a female? You might want to dna test the two so you know what you have there.

Cheers,
Barb :)

I am planning on it soon. It's rather expensive at the bird store I go to. They're pretty awesome though and have helped me a lot (as well as you guys!).

linda040899
10-02-2012, 12:08 PM
'he' looks ridiculously cute when sleeping in his treat bowl.
I have a few males that like to do this so gender could easily be up in the air.......

JohnUK
10-04-2012, 08:25 AM
pukedkittens: One of my two spends time sitting in a food bowl - and while there usually throws all the food out :-) Occasionally, the two of them will squeeze into the one food bowl.