PDA

View Full Version : Big leap for Byrd!

tenormadness
10-18-2012, 10:05 PM
So my lovie has never been much for making any effort to get to me. The most he'll do is reach for me with his beak if my hand is near him and he feels like moving from his perch to me. But today, when I opened his cage and walked into the other room, he chirped at me a big, climbed to the door, stared at me for a couple moments, then flew all the way across the apartment to me! I was very excited! Of course, I think he ruined the moment a couple minutes later when he terrified himself by flying into the shower stream (he isn't overly fond of bathing). Silly bird. Hopefully he'll start flying to me more often!

Pips mom
10-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Awwww! It's the cutest thing when they come looking for you! Pip does this.....he'll fly around sometimes looking for me when I'm out of sight! The funniest is when he sees me giving fresh water and gets on me and won't get off until I bring his birdie bath with fresh water for his bath!!

Z28Taxman
10-19-2012, 09:13 AM
It won't be long now and he'll be like my Ditto, chasing you all over the house!

michael
10-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Ah, the joys of parronthood, especially when a sudden shower brings us to the rescue. .. I predict you'll soon have a clingon in no time. ..........:)