PDA

View Full Version : Well he is a lovebird......

Z28Taxman
10-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Everytime I've walked up to Ditto's cage today it's been non-stop kissey noises. (when he was in the cage that is). He's living up to the name I guess. :happy:

Buy A Paper Doll
10-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Could be worse. Melody makes wolf whistles whenever we walk by the cage.

bellarains
10-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Bela makes kissy noises too Dave. Cappie on the other hand yells, "MAAAAAMA" Whatever they do, it's sure nice to know they love us :D

Z28Taxman
10-16-2005, 08:52 PM
I tried to teach Ditto the wolf whistle. He did it once just to prove that he could and hasn't done it since. :rofl:

linda040899
10-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm thankful that none of my lovebirds can do a wolf whistle. Mine tend to teach each other. I can just imagine the ramifications if all of my lovebirds enjoyed doing a wolf whistle.............. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ginger and "Nextel" is bad enough!

Z28Taxman
10-16-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm thankful that none of my lovebirds can do a wolf whistle. Mine tend to teach each other. I can just imagine the ramifications if all of my lovebirds enjoyed doing a wolf whistle.............. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ginger and "Nextel" is bad enough!

You haven't heard anything until you hear a lovebird try and imitate a robin or cardinal song. When they say lovebirds can't sing they aren't kidding. It sounded like someone strangling 100 lovebirds at once. :rofl:

linda040899
10-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Dave,
Please don't send me any Robins, Cardinals or other songbirds! My neighbors may not be too happy................ :lol

Z28Taxman
10-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Dave,
Please don't send me any Robins, Cardinals or other songbirds! My neighbors may not be too happy................ :lol

Well if my one little dittobird sounded that bad, your house would sound really really bad. :rofl:

I wonder if a mockingbird would imitate a lovie. The other day I could have sworn I heard a lovebird outside. There was a mocker around not long before that.

Angelwing
10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
When my sister walks up to the lovies' cage, all **** breaks loose. They really are no song bird.

april
10-17-2005, 05:28 AM
Herbie shouts out for kisses all day!!! He can say kiss kiss and then he also makes various kissing noises after he says it!!!! Hehehe! So cute!! :rofl:

He does the whole thing when he is out of the cage too - asks for a kiss and then kisses you with sound effects and everything!!!! He can do long and short kisses!!! Haha!! :lol

BarbieH
10-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Now Jennifer, who taught Mel that wolf whistle? :evil:

Gracie does the whistle that people make when they are trying to call someone over to them. I don't think it has a name, but the verbal equivalent would be "HEY YOU!!" There are three notes in this whistle, and it ends higher than it starts, if that makes any sense. :lol You all would know it if you heard it.

Joanie Noel
10-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Hmm... I'm going to have to send my birds over to one of your houses for birding school. They couldn't make a pleasant sound if their lives depended on it. :roll: Kirby looks like he wants to talk but can't say a dang word, nor can the rest of the crew. Did your birds just mimic on their own, or did any of you actually teach them? I'd settle for just one whistle. :rofl:

- Joanie

BarbieH
10-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Gracie came to us with the whistle. Believe me, it's not pleasant! She sounds absolutely PO'd when she does it. :lol

Buy A Paper Doll
10-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I admit, I was trying to teach Milo to wolf whistle. He only did it once or twice. Then Melody came to live with us and she picked up on it after, oh, about a day. She does it over and over again. She also whistles something that sounds like "peekaboo."