PDA

View Full Version : To Those of You in the Path of Sandy

linda040899
10-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Please stay safe as this storm passes through. Know that the community will be thinking about you and keeping you all in our prayers. When you can, let us know that you and fids are all safe!

Mummieeva
10-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Even though we are not in the path we have alot of wind here in GA. I am nervous because we have a wind warning til tomorrow and my home is surronded by trees... Be safe everyone and have travel cages for all pets ready.

Z28Taxman
10-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi from Ground Zero! The cold front that's turning sandy into frankenstorm is right overhead and sandy should be here in a few hours. Could be fun if enough of that cold canadian air makes it in here and turns it into snow! :omg:

Jally
10-29-2012, 05:58 PM
We're getting hammered here in South Central PA. Fids are doing OK, although I do have 1 that is very nervous and clingy. I'm doing what I can to keep her calm, including lots of snuggling! :) The puppies won't go potty, but hey! who could blame them!? >o

Z28Taxman
10-29-2012, 06:05 PM
We're getting hammered here in South Central PA. Fids are doing OK, although I do have 1 that is very nervous and clingy. I'm doing what I can to keep her calm, including lots of snuggling! :) The puppies won't go potty, but hey! who could blame them!? >o

I'm right here with 'ya. Dittobird is having a ball. He loves storms.

linda040899
10-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Fids are doing OK, although I do have 1 that is very nervous and clingy.
Amazing how animals instinctively know when weather is dangerous! Mine get very quiet during hurricanes and some just want to be where ever I am. I try to keep everyone safe in their cages, as you never know what's going to happen, but a few really don't like that idea!

Stay safe!

Jally
10-29-2012, 06:40 PM
LOL at Ditto! My lovies are clueless as to what is going on. My Amazon is acting normal, but my Nanday is the clingy one. Thankfully tho, everyone is in bed, except the Nanday who is buried in my neck.

Some day Dave, you gotta post how Ditto got his name. I'd love to know :D

Z28Taxman
10-29-2012, 06:43 PM
LOL at Ditto! My lovies are clueless as to what is going on. My Amazon is acting normal, but my Nanday is the clingy one. Thankfully tho, everyone is in bed, except the Nanday who is buried in my neck.

Some day Dave, you gotta post how Ditto got his name. I'd love to know :D

Ditto's having a hurricane party, avicakes and sugar snap peas with breaks to preen pinfeathers and chew up his piniata! He also loves to sit at the window and watch lightning.

My ex girlfriend named him, he had it when he came here.

Jally
10-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Aw, I was expecting a much more exciting story of how Ditto got his name cause he's quite the little character! :happy: I made sure to keep all the curtains closed during the storm as not to scare anyone. They're open today, though and everyone is back to normal except for my Nanday. She's still a bit clingy, but I don't think she slept well last night.

Pips mom
10-30-2012, 06:50 PM
It's been pretty windy here, but not a whole lot of rain, which seems strange. I remember last year's hurricane Irene here, we got hit hard with ALOT of rain and flooding in this area, the worst in many years! so we'll take the wind and power outages happily over getting all that rain! especially since we've had ALOT of rain here already this fall, so if we ended up with alot of rain from this hurricane, we would be in trouble! Power stayed on here, but I saw on my local news that my county was one of the hardest hit in my area with power outages. I'm near Albany NY. I feel sorry for the poor people who got all the snow!! My birds don't seem to mind storms much, but I know they are aware of something going on. All you have to do is look out the window on a day when a storm like this is arriving and you won't see a bird out there! They DO know!

Z28Taxman
10-30-2012, 07:44 PM
It's been pretty windy here, but not a whole lot of rain, which seems strange. I remember last year's hurricane Irene here, we got hit hard with ALOT of rain and flooding in this area, the worst in many years! so we'll take the wind and power outages happily over getting all that rain! especially since we've had ALOT of rain here already this fall, so if we ended up with alot of rain from this hurricane, we would be in trouble! Power stayed on here, but I saw on my local news that my county was one of the hardest hit in my area with power outages. I'm near Albany NY. I feel sorry for the poor people who got all the snow!! My birds don't seem to mind storms much, but I know they are aware of something going on. All you have to do is look out the window on a day when a storm like this is arriving and you won't see a bird out there! They DO know!

It's still raining here. Some snow sneaking around too but I haven't seen any yet.

Ditto didn't care about it one bit. The only time he seemed to even notice was when he was playing on his playgym about 2 feet from the window. The wind rattled the window, he turned around and looked at it and went right back to playing. :happy: