PDA

View Full Version : lovebird fly to shoulder and bite

dannylim
11-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Mango my lutino x fischer lovebird will fly to me and stand there for about 10 second before he start to bite or my shoulder . when i move my hand to try to make him step out he will fly away.

thebubbleking
11-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Lovebirds dont have hands so explore everything with thier tongue and beak.
Several of us have what we call our bird shirts which are basicly old t-shirts we dont mind our fids chewing holes in lol.

Pips mom
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Lovebirds dont have hands so explore everything with thier tongue and beak.
Several of us have what we call our bird shirts which are basicly old t-shirts we dont mind our fids chewing holes in lol.

Haaa, yeah.......all of my shirts have little beak holes in them from Pip on the shoulders and arms!

michael
11-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Haaa, yeah.......all of my shirts have little beak holes in them from Pip on the shoulders and arms!

Tell me about it. Goof chews up all my collars, while Beebers chews random holes all over. Looks like i've been through a war!

dannylim
11-17-2012, 08:05 AM
he bite the hole with my flesh too =.=ll

linda040899
11-17-2012, 08:23 AM
If he bites your neck, you may have to either wear something to protect your neck (scarf, turtle neck top) or not allow him on your shoulder. Shoulders are dominant places for birds because it's hard to see what they are doing and it's also hard to reach them if you don't want them there. I've seen "bird" necklaces (the kind that birds can chew/play with) at shows so perhaps that might be an option.

Pips mom
11-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Tell me about it. Goof chews up all my collars, while Beebers chews random holes all over. Looks like i've been through a war!

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Z28Taxman
11-17-2012, 03:28 PM

Ditto loves collars too, when he's not hiding in sleeves that is.

Bernadette N
11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Beaker loves spending his mornings on my husbands shoulder, and also adores biting. We like to give him things to chew (like bits of carrot or a sugar snap pea) while he is on the shoulder, and he normally only bites my husband if he is losing balance and trying to hold on.

But wouldn't you know... the other day he plucked one of my husbands beard hairs out!!!! I think he did it just for fun...