PDA

View Full Version : Games and Tricks

Bernadette N
11-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Being a lovie owner now for six months, I've realised what a clever little bundle I have. I have been trying to teach Beaker new tricks and games, and was wondering if people had any stories or ideas to share? I'm trying to think what to do next with our little Beaker.

So far, he can:

1. Step up.

2. Put buttons away in a box.

3. Shoot a basketball hoop. (He unfortunately chewed his ball in half, so we repaired it...)

4. Spin in a circle on command. (So adorable, because once my husband said 'turn around' in a sentance when we were chatting, and Beaker spun in a circle)

5. Tap his beak on our noses. (Kiss goodbye in the morning - super cute)

6. Ring a bell on command.

We have bought him a box with slots in it (kind of like a money box), so we are going to teach him to recognise shapes and colours. He gets a bit frustrated, because it's difficult to put a coin in a slot, but I know he will get it.

:clap What kind of games and tricks do you guys do with your parrots? :-)

ed52
01-28-2013, 10:54 PM
I taught my Choops these tricks and he was always rewarded with a sunflower seed.
-"go through": go through either a cardboard tube or roll of tape
-"clean up": put coins into a container
-"dump it": take the container and dump it off the table.
-"bring it": bring me a coin

I would ask him if he wanted a treat and he would 'talk' to me with a unique squawk and then do the trick. After his completion of the trick I would always say 'Yeahhh'!

Miss him greatly, we were best buddies for 5 years.

thebubbleking
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
My fids tricks are,
Dont chew the molding.
Dont chew the curtains.
Dont bite chunks of flesh.
love thy neighbor.
Hrmm i guess with 10 parrots my tricks are more for my peace of mind and not destrying the house lol

Z28Taxman
01-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Dittos favorite trick is to get me to give him headscratches and beakrubs for an hour a day. Oh wait, that's a trick he taught me... Nevermind :whistle:

He also love to play fetch. He throws a ball across the room and I go get it.... Uhhhh, nevemind again! :whistle:

michael
01-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Dittos favorite trick is to get me to give him headscratches and beakrubs for an hour a day. Oh wait, that's a trick he taught me... Nevermind :whistle:

He also love to play fetch. He throws a ball across the room and I go get it.... Uhhhh, nevemind again! :whistle:

And here, all along I believed "I" was the one who trained Goof and Beeber's to bow down to, among other things, head scritchies and beakrubs. .. Fetch? Is now a major sporting event to see who can keep the ball on the table. Care to take a guess who keeps the ball on the table? .........>: