PDA

View Full Version : New Lighting

linda040899
01-04-2013, 10:42 AM
I've always had a lighting problem in my lanai aviary and it was due to the way the enclosure was constructed. I've usually just been replacing blown light bulbs but this time I decided to change fixtures, bulbs and everything!

I ordered the same light fixtures from Avi-Tech that Dave (Z28Taxman) got for the Dittobird and I agree with him! What a difference!!! I turned all the lights on just as the sun was coming up this morning and that turned out to be a HUGE mistake. Within 1-2 minutes, I had an entire aviary of very happy chirping lovebirds and I know at least one of my neighbors sleeps later than I do! Off went the lights until just before I left at 8:00! Sun's up by that time anyway but what a difference. :D

Z28Taxman
01-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh yeah, once I put that light up it was like I got a totally new Dittobird. He went from acting his age (almost 10) to being a 2 year old again. Ditto says they're the best lights ever.

But if you think that's bad, then don't take 2 weeks off and let them sleep in until the lights come on at 10. Yikes, he's nuts.:rotfl