PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what a pied pauh looks like?

KathyB
01-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Hello lovebird lovers,
I am in the process of searching for a baby lovebird. (Our first lovebird was an adorable and affectionate blue pied who lived to be nearly 20 and was the love of our lives!) One breeder I have been in contact with by email has a pied pauh baby. Does anyone know what a pauh is? This term is new to me.
Thanks for any info or clarification.
Kathy B.

linda040899
01-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi and welcome to Lovebirds Plus Community! Nearly 20 years old! Wow! Now that's one well cared for lovebird!!

This term is new to me.
Me, too, and I've been breeding lovebirds since 1991! Not even a Google search shed any light on that one...... :( Can you get a picture of this lovebird? :)

thebubbleking
01-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Hrmm sounds hawaiian but has no hawaiian meaning lol mabey it was a misspelled word or something never heard of it.

LauraO
01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Don't know what a "pauh" pied is either and can be sure it doesn't sound right if Linda, or most, administrators haven't heard of it. I just wanted to encourage u, and anyone thinking bout bringing movie home, that u focus more on temperament than color/mutation. Its important to know breeding situation, personality of parents, whether bird was human socialized, parent raised, weaning process and the like. I would also ask to meet lovie or lovies and pick one u connect with. While this won't guarantee everything u ever wanted in a lovie it can help. My husband, almost ex, raised many a parent raised/human socialized and hand fed/human socialized babies as well as having all kinds of experiences bringing lovies into out home. Frankly we raised some pretty rock in babies, and nothing EVER beat 1) parent temperament cause all birdies can be worked w but its not all nurture, nature is important 2) parent raised human socialized birdies with number 1 in mind are the best ever and the funnest to raise or 3) hand fed human socialized birdies with number 1 in mind........The lesson? Temperament and personality along with human socialization are all that really matter! And if I personally had a choice I'd pick temperament especially if our patient.

Good luck

KathyB
02-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks so much for responding.
I googled "pauh" and found a photo of a green fruit that looked like a mango. Seemed to make sense...
When I asked the breeder to clarify what exotic color mutation this was she said it was a typo. She meant to write "green pied" LOL.
Mystery Solved!