PDA

View Full Version : Why is my baby lovebird non longer close to me?

mwlky
01-23-2013, 01:29 AM
Hi guys...

I got 3 3 months old lovebirds.2 of the are really sticky forward me.however lately one of them start to go closer to the bird that is not sticky onward me.what can I do to make my lovie come back to me?and what has causes to my lovie from a sudden change?

linda040899
01-23-2013, 05:14 AM
Lovebirds are very social and this is not uncommon. What you might want to do is try establishing a friendship with the lovebird who is not as friendly with you so that when you interact with one, you will be interacting with all of them.

mwlky
01-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh...what would u recommend to do for this interact session?

linda040899
01-23-2013, 09:19 AM
If the one that isn't friendly is mostly in his cage, try sitting next to his cage or put his cage somewhere that you spend a lot of time. Let him learn by experience that you are not evil and won't eat him for breakfast! :) This will take time and patience but it will happen. Lovebirds are naturally curious so if you happen to have food while you are sitting there or something shiny to catch his interest, he will do what he does naturally, inch closer to check it out. If you happen to have his new friend with you, that will help even more. The key is earning trust and it's all in time and patience.

mwlky
01-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Ok...got it...another thing...my tamed lovebird recently love biting my finger and also my nail....sometimes it can be quite painful.why do they have this sudden habit of biting my finger?