PDA

View Full Version : Changing colours?

ellenmellon
01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on for a while- I've been really busy with exams and so on :roll:. Fear not, though, I'm back! :rofl:

Anyway, the reason I came back on is because I wanted to know if Lovies change colour much as they grow up. We have a pair (Luna and Flasket), who are approximately one year old. They're both blue with white faces because they're missing their yellow pigment. However, we've noticed Flasket's wings are turning a shade of green at the tips. Is this because he's maturing, or is it something different?

Cheers all,
Ellen :whistle:
p.s. Hope everyone had a great Chrimbo with their fids! :happy:

linda040899
01-31-2013, 05:42 PM
The coloring of feathers will intensify and become more attractive as a lovebird ages. Some of my older lovebirds have feathering that is far more beautiful than their younger counterparts. They don't get older, they get better! :lol

ellenmellon
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
They don't get older, they get better! :lol

Haha, well if Flasket's feathers continue to change, that will certainly be true!
Thanks for the reply, Linda :).

thebubbleking
02-01-2013, 03:14 PM
oh its true! my lovebird sunshine (a hevily pied green series with dominant yellow) has gotten brighter his yellow more yellow the blue more irridecent. he has become quite the stunner (altho he has always been handsome XD ).
He just turned 8 last month :)

starwynde
02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Is it common for lovebirds to completely change color? As in, not just become more intense? My love bird Gem went through a huge moult and the feathers on his cheeks are now coming back in orange like his brow as opposed to the greyish-white they were previously... at least on one side of his face anyway.

linda040899
02-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Pictures, please!