PDA

View Full Version : Oh My!

Bubblelady
02-03-2013, 01:45 PM
So Arabella is all packed up and waiting to be picked up to go meet her prospective "beau". I really believe she would be happier with a 'tiel friend, and Tweeters, her friend-to-be has begun plucking since he lost his buddy and is said to get really excited when he sees other 'tiels. So, the phone rings, right about the time I'm expecting the other family to call and say they are on their way. But it's not them. It's the pet store. An 8 mo. old DNAed male Fischer's has been surrendered and am I interested! I will go meet him today but will not take him, even if I like him, until I know that Arabella is happier with Tweeters than she was with me.

Well, before I finished typing this Arabella got picked up. I have good vibes. Her new family has not only another tiel but also an 11 year old girl who has all the signs of a crazy bird lady in training. I will keep you posted......

linda040899
02-04-2013, 03:18 AM
Good luck all the way around, Maureen!
Please let us know how Arabella is doing and just how quickly this Fischer's lovebird captures your heart!!! Those eye-rings have a way about them!! :)

Bubblelady
02-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Good luck all the way around, Maureen!
Please let us know how Arabella is doing and just how quickly this Fischer's lovebird captures your heart!!! Those eye-rings have a way about them!! :)

Things get more and more complicated. I have brought the lovie home for a trial visit. He is not socialized. Big problem. But....surrendered with him, in addition to his parents, is a male GCC that I drooled over 4 years ago at the same shop. Adorable personality. His name is Zipper because he is so lively. The girl who works at the shop told me that Zipper is the bird who made her want, and eventually get, a GCC. He has since formed a bond with a male budgie!!!! They are adorable together. The shop owners are hoping to pair the budgie with another budgie and find a GCC to pair with Zipper. I am soooooo tempted.

As for Arabella, the first day went very well. Arabella seems to really like the 11 year old girl who is the nominal "mom". There is some question about Tweeters gender. He/she is also a pearl and lost some but not all pearling with age. But he/she sings a lot and talks. I'll post a picture in the photo thread and get your opinion.

linda040899
02-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Think positively, Maureen!
GCCs are fun but there's still something about those lovies that I've never been able to resist, even after all these years!! Not socialized simply means he needs an application of TLC and I know you are an expert at that!

Pearl Tiels are very easy to sex, all except pieds. Spread a wing and look at the yellow spots o the underside of the flights. Mature hens have them from the outside flight back towards the body about halfway. Mature males don't have them at all. Males also have solid tailfeathers, no barring on them and no yellow.

Bubblelady
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Think positively, Maureen!
GCCs are fun but there's still something about those lovies that I've never been able to resist, even after all these years!! Not socialized simply means he needs an application of TLC and I know you are an expert at that!

Pearl Tiels are very easy to sex, all except pieds. Spread a wing and look at the yellow spots o the underside of the flights. Mature hens have them from the outside flight back towards the body about halfway. Mature males don't have them at all. Males also have solid tailfeathers, no barring on them and no yellow.

Tweeters has a yellow head. Does that mean he/she is pied? I posted pictures in the Photo thread