PDA

View Full Version : bird diapers

tendrini
10-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi all -

My daughter found a website that advertises bird diapers! Does anyone know anything about this? They come in all different sizes and sound like a great idea, if it's actually possible to get your bird to wear one.

Susan

mjm8321
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Susan, I have seen them advertised and I'm not sure if anyone on the board here has tried them or not; I'm sure someone can fill you in if they have.
I know none of my lovies would stand for having one of those on for long. It would end up being torn to pieces. My personal opinion, they look like they would drive a bird crazy having one on.

bellarains
10-18-2005, 07:18 PM
And, if they left it on long enough, can you imagine what their booty would look like when you got it off :eek:

TGerard
10-18-2005, 08:04 PM
OMG! Our birds are so much like crazy little toddlers as it is: the high noise level, the oppositional behavior, the biting, the single-mindedness, etc. Imagine changing a poo-poo diaper to blur the line even further?:eek:

linda040899
10-18-2005, 08:32 PM
I'll deal with bird droppings rather than birdie diapers any day!! If you watch birdie body language, it's not hard to tell when a bird has to eliminate. :)

butterfly1061
10-18-2005, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't even dream of using one of those diapers. They look like a straight jackets for birdies. It's not natural and I can put up with the little poops from my babies.

Buy A Paper Doll
10-18-2005, 08:36 PM
LOL! First thing I thought of when I read "bird diapers" was, "Oh, joy, another thing for the little devils to shred."

Janie
10-19-2005, 08:22 AM
I've seen the diapers and flight suits advertised and IMHO, lovebirds are way too small for them. I am absolutely sure that Oliver would freak out over something like that. :omg: 2 years of trust right down the drain. Also, how the heck would you get one on the bird without the possibility of injury? :confused:

LauraO
10-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I don't believe any self respecting lovie would willingly wear one of those suits and I agree that a bird would quickly lose trust and patience with that whole ordeal. My life is defined by bird poopers and I've gotten used to it and I really think anyone with a bird in their life should realize pooper comes with it.

Janie
10-23-2005, 08:26 AM
My life is defined by bird poopers and I've gotten used to it and I really think anyone with a bird in their life should realize pooper comes with it

Laura, :lol!!!!! I used to be out and about and find a drop of pop on me occasionally with one bird.....now, with three, I always find poop somewhere on me! :D My husband showed me a shirt, right from the dry cleaners that was folded for travel.....POOP on the colar! How did it get there???? We don't know! I wiped it with one of my poop off wipes and it came right off! :D Yep, bird poopins are a way of life for us now! :lol

Cooper
10-23-2005, 02:27 PM
The poops are driving my fiance nuts. But we have yet to find one on us after we've gone out :eek: . Anyways what really gets him is poop on the couch. Cooper has finally grown in her flights and has been learning to fly. A good spot to land is the top of the couch - well it seems to be the place to be right? But she'll land, poop, and fly back to her cage. :confused: