PDA

View Full Version : Unsure about boarding Peaches! Please help!

PurpleLovinRN
04-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Hi everyone!!!! I haven't been on the boards in awhile! I hope everyone is doing well!

We haven't gone anywhere for longer than overnight in a long time! On those trips my brother would come over after work and stay at our house overnight to take care of Peaches!

This trip we will be gone for 2 nights. My brother is unable to watch Peaches due to a last minute issue.
Peaches has a big cage (the condo...lol), which we can't take to the avian vets office. He hates the smaller cage we have upstairs...even with all the fun toys! He just stays put in one place until I let him out. :( this is the cage we would have to bring to the vets.

Peaches is a sensitive lovie and set in his ways! He usually won't eat until others are in the front room eating with him.

Does anyone here board their lovebirds? I'm ready to cancel our trip because in so worried about my little guy! Do u think he will adapt to being boarded?

What would u do?

bbslovie
04-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Hi, I have a lovebird and a yellow sided green cheek conure that we have boarded twice yearly since we've had them and they are now five years old. In the past we've taken them back to the place we got them from, as they also boarded birds. I've also had a friend come over and take care of them and that was fine as well. I recently have been taking them to another place and they did just fine there as well. Occasionally there is a weekend trip but for the most part it's six days minimum and they do great! I always take a couple of their favorite things so they feel more comfortable and I always bring the food mix I feed them. I think most birds are fairly adaptable as long as who is caring for them is actually caring for them and is knowledgeable about birds. No one knows them as well as you do so you have to make the judgement for yourself if this is a good choice for you. My humble opinion is that as long as it is a reputable place that will take good care of your fids then it should be fine. Let us know what you decide to do and keep us posted.

Barb :)