PDA

View Full Version : my new love bird

Sejalchopra
06-09-2013, 06:47 AM
I bought 2 lovebirds 2 weeks ago....they are 3 years old. I took them out of the cage but they were to scared and just kept flying into walls and stuff.......how can i make them comfortable..also they look alot similar...so if they are siblings ,will they breed?

linda040899
06-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Your lovebirds are very new to your home so it's natural for them to be afraid. They have to learn, by experience, that you don't intend to hurt them or even eat them for breakfast! Trust takes time and that's how you will earn their trust. Best thing to do is to have them where you spend a lot of time. Talk quietly to them, be near their cage, initially, but don't touch it. Just let them experience your presence. Lovebirds are naturally curious and that's what will help win them over. Once they feel safer, they are going to want to check you out to see what they can find that's interesting about you.

How old are they or were you not told? If you share a couple of photos in Photo Gallery, we may be able to help you with that if they are under age 6 months.

michael
06-09-2013, 10:11 AM
.......so if they are siblings ,will they breed?

If you can share a pic or two, that would be nice :). .. Male/female siblings who form a bond will most likely breed. Unfortunately, sibling pairings are not recommended as doing so could compromise their genetics, which in turn, may also produce health defects. .. Any idea's as to how these two siblings ended up being paired?