PDA

View Full Version : Max and Annabel Have Started Pooping in Their Water

akp124
07-21-2013, 09:15 PM
When it was just Max alone, he would keep his drinking water clean, his seed bowl clean, and his "bath" water clean. Now that Annabel moved in with him, both water bowls end up with a lot of poop. I end up changing their water at least 3 times a day and sometimes I'm not at home to change it for them, so I know they're drinking it. And for some reason, Max has gotten it in his head to drink his "bath" water, which has much more poop in it than his drinking water. How do I stop them from pooping in their water?

Also, Max has been escaping his cage once a day every day for the past week. I finally saw how he did it, He would push up the little gate and scurry to the other side before it comes back down. :rotfl I made sure to secure the smaller gates and there's a nice little video in the thread I made about them. I find it fascinating, but wonder why he's doing it all of a sudden. Is it to escape Annabel? :lol

JohnUK
07-22-2013, 03:17 AM
akp124: Birds have no concept of separate drinking and bathing water - it's all just water to them to do with what they wish!

It might not seem nice but so long as your birds are in good health, drinking water that has droppings in should not cause any problems. I was changing water loads but since one of my two died the water bowl is no longer being used as a toilet.